ECU & Electronics Discuss electronics and related components within.

2014 Camry interior lights not working

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2020, 09:11 PM
Default 2014 Camry interior lights not working

Hello all,

I have a 2014 Camry XLE hybrid and I’ve been trying to determine why none of the interior lights or the homelink buttons aren’t working. I’ve physically checked every single fuse in both fuse panels with a multimeter to confirm they are good and I’ve even checked all four door contact switches which appear to be working. The lights are the only problem I’m having, everything else electronics related appear to be fine.

If anyone has some suggestions I would greatly appreciate your time and input.

Thank you!

Old 12-15-2020, 05:43 PM
Default More checks, still no lights

I realize there haven’t been any replies to my OP but I’m going to add more info and hope someone may have some ideas.

I checked both the engine and interior fuses that are associated with the lights and they are both good. I started the car and opened each door one at a time and confirmed that both the door open panel red light and door open animation both work. The interior clock on the dash is working along with the radio, all power windows/door locks. As far as I can tell everything electrical is working except for the interior lights. None of them work, neither front or rear overhead, visor lights or home link.... I cannot manually turn any of them on either.

Any help would be appreciated.

Old 12-16-2020, 06:05 PM
Super Moderator

Assume some of the cars interior lights have a switch that can manually turn on that interior light with door closed or have it turn on when a door is opened. Do any of these lights work when using this switch?

Assume you checked the fuse box behind the instrument panel drivers side?

Old 12-16-2020, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by toyomoho
Assume some of the cars interior lights have a switch that can manually turn on that interior light with door closed or have it turn on when a door is opened. Do any of these lights work when using this switch?

Assume you checked the fuse box behind the instrument panel drivers side?
I did check both fuse boxes and even swapped out the one for the lights but no luck. I cannot turn any lights on manually and the the switch for the doors doesn’t do anything either. I would think that if that switch was bad I should still be able to get the vanity lights to turn on in the visors right?

Old 12-17-2020, 07:17 PM
Super Moderator

You checked the Dome fuse if so equipped. The Dome fuse appears to power all these lights.

The lights typically always have power, the light turning on/off when the bulb is grounded via a door or light switch.

Don't have the wiring diagram but things may stay the same between years.

Old 12-17-2020, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by toyomoho
You checked the Dome fuse if so equipped. The Dome fuse appears to power all these lights.

The lights typically always have power, the light turning on/off when the bulb is grounded via a door or light switch.

Don't have the wiring diagram but things may stay the same between years.
Yes, I checked the dome fuse under the hood and also the one associated with all the interior lights under the dash (I cannot recall what that fuse is titled). I know this has to be something really simple but I just can’t figure out what it is!

Old 02-03-2022, 11:53 PM

I know it’s been a while since I posted but I have still not been able to figure this issue out. I did notice that although none of the interior lights or the homelink work, the glove box light does! Looking at the fuse box diagram it appears the all the lights share the same fuse. I got to thinking, Is it possible that the homelink console is bad?

Old 02-04-2022, 01:23 PM
Super Moderator

Suggest you obtain the wiring diagram from the site below.

https://techinfo.toyota.com/techInfo....toyota.com%2F

Old 02-04-2022, 02:19 PM

I was looking through some related threads on here and saw that someone had a similar issue after their blower motor was replaced. A small wire harness was found to be unplugged. I had forgotten that I replaced a blend door actuator a while back so I thought maybe I had done the same thing, Sure enough, the first panel I removed was the trim piece below the glove box and there it was! A single relay attached to the trim piece that wasn’t plugged in. As soon as I reconnected the plug at the lights came on and the homelink worked again! I can’t believe it was something this simple after all this time! This just proves how helpful forums like this are!

A HUGE thank you to everyone who’s tried to help me through this issue!

Old 02-05-2022, 09:13 PM
Super Moderator

Great job!

Thanks for the update.

Quick Reply: 2014 Camry interior lights not working