ECU & Electronics Discuss electronics and related components within.

97 Camry XLE V6 O2 Sesnor

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 04:32 PM
Default 97 Camry XLE V6 O2 Sesnor

I have my P0135 light on. I know it is the firewall O2 sensor and I'm ready to change it. I certainly want an OEM type (not universal). I've been looking at parts online but have a little confusion. I assume I want an upstream sensor (pre-cat). Will the Bosch 13355 work as AZ suggests? Other sites have suggested the 13354 and 13353? Which should I get.

I cannot afford the Toyota OEM part at this point even though I know it is best. I will be selling he car shortly anyways. Thanks in advance!

Dan

Old 08-13-2008, 05:35 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: 97 Camry XLE V6 O2 Sesnor

P0135 is Bank 1, Sensor 1 and is a code for car built to Federal emissions standards. This the first sensor on going from the cylinder head.

Look under the hood for a sticker stating if the car was built to meet California or Federal emissions standards. The sensor will be a differant design depending on which emissions standard the car was built to.

When looking at parts websites you will often see the words Fed, Calif, Exc Calif, etc next to the part description. This means Federal, California, except California.

Use the type of sensor for the emissions standard the car was built for or you will have problems.

Suggest either the Denso or Toyota brand. Although other sensors can work, for unknown reasons some owners have had problems with the CEL coming back on again.

Try www.rockauto.com. Look at the DENSO Part # 2344622 if your car meets Federal standards. Click on the photo to make sure it matches the part you have.

For best prices do a Google search on the brand and part number you are looking for.

= 0) || navigator.userAgent.indexOf("WebTV") >= 0) { document.write('); document.write('); } //> The 13353 is a downstream sensor you don't want this. The 13354 and 13355 are upstream sensor which are OK, not sure what the differance is.

Keep in mind the code just means the computer is detecting too high or too low of current going to the heater of the sensor. Typically this means a bad heater in the sensor, but this can also mean a short or open circuit in wiring to the sensor.

= 0) || navigator.userAgent.indexOf("WebTV") >= 0) { document.write('); document.write('); } //>

Old 08-13-2008, 06:03 PM

Thanks for your help. It is a non-California car.

It looks like that DENSO part is cheaper than the bosch one. I guess I will go with that then.

Old 08-13-2008, 06:07 PM
Super Moderator

Denso is a good brand as is Bosch. But again some Toyota owners have had issues with the CEL returning when using Bosch.