ECU & Electronics Discuss electronics and related components within.
Old 08-26-2015, 12:09 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: General Overview
Print Wikipost

Homelink

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 08:58 PM
Default Homelink

Anyone know if the overhead homelink from a 2007 Camry Hybrid is a direct plug in for a 2007 Camry SE. I imagine it would be, but I could be wrong.

Thanks in advance!

Old 09-06-2007, 12:05 AM
Default RE: Homelink

they should be the same but to make sure i would call thedealership and ask.

Old 09-06-2007, 12:43 PM

1st Dealership couldn't help me...I'll try calling another.

Old 09-23-2007, 08:38 AM

If you happen to find out a definitive answer, please post back. I'm looking to do the same to our 07 Camry LE (w/moonroof).

Thanks,
-Me

Old 09-23-2007, 05:34 PM
Default Re: Homelink

OK, here's the scoop on my 07 Camry LE (w/moonroof). I bought an overhead console that included moonroof controls andHomelink off of eBay...gambling that the LE model would have the necessary wiring and electronics already in place. New (to me) console showed to be out of an 07 Camry Hybrid. Interior code onour LE is FB40 (fabric interior, bisque color). The Hybrid that the new console came out ofhad interior codeLA40 (leather interior, bisque color).

Well, the console arrived late last week. Color matches perfectly. Just finished pullingtheLE's original console to have a look around. Hmmm, there is (or was)a wire tucked away under the headliner off to the passenger side of the car...had some foamwrapped around it to keep things from making noise I suppose. The plug isa 5-pin unit, but only has 3 wires (hint) attached to it -- onewire inthe middle and one wire on the far end of each side. I pulled it out and had a look. Sure enough, it's the wiring for the Homelink system! Plugged in the new console and gave things a whirl. Everything worked and the Homelink buttons "lit up" when pressed. Woo hoo!

Looked around on the 'netfor some Homelink programming instructions. Programmed it up and mated the systemto my garage door opener. Works like a champ!

Thiswas a simple 15 minute R&R operation (minus the interior light fuse I blew when I accidently shorted things while pulling the connectors apart). Hint: Either disconnect the battery or removethe interior light and moonroof (if equipped) fuse(s) before pulling the console!

Can't speak to the SE or CE models...only the LE. I'd say pull your console and look for the tucked away wire described above. If it's there, then you may be all set for a simple R&R upgrade.

-Me