ECU & Electronics Discuss electronics and related components within.

Need help with 2009 wiring for alarm systems

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2008, 11:48 PM
Default Need help with 2009 wiring for alarm systems

Ok guys, I need some help. My wife got a 2009 Camry LE with keyless entry. I am personally installing an alarm system and need some help with the wires. I got almost everything, just need help with:
What color/location wire for the parking lights?
What color/location wire for trunk release?
Suggestions for "trunk open" switch, and location. I also figure I can run the wire to the back door switch, so help on how to get it there would also be appreciated.
My wife is picky, so I can't just have any old switch. It's got to look good. So good it need to look as if it came with the car.

The key has the "keyless entry" built in, so I know that there has to be a wire for releasing the trunk. As far as the lights, I don't want to accidentally trip any of the air bags by testing the wrong wire, so some schematics would be really helpful.

On a side note. Who the heck thought of the wiring colors for this car? There are several yellow, and several black wires running from the steering wheel. They all look the same. It's hard to decide which one is the right one. Come on guys. Black with stripes is MUCH clearer than black with little gray dots. RIDICULUS.

Old 04-15-2008, 05:01 PM
Default RE: Need help with 2009 wiring for alarm systems

Ok i had a similar question and they posted a link to another site check this thread out might help you with the wire codes.

I just got done working on my alarm system it was a challange.

https://www.camryforums.com/m_12235/..._/tm.htm#12235

Old 04-15-2008, 07:18 PM
Banned
Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Old 04-15-2008, 10:31 PM
Default RE: Need help with 2009 wiring for alarm systems

So nocsek4, you think that an alarm installer was born with the knowledge of how to properly hook up an alarm system? They are regular people, not the Dalai Lama. Not to mention this forum is just as good a place as any, including Chiltons, to look for or request information on Camrys. After all, that's part of the purpose of forums.

I believe that you don't have to re-invent the wheel every time you have a project. Asking questions is the only way you'll get answers. I'm looking for some very specific info that others may have already ran into and may want to SHARE their knowledge. Like I said before, I only need location/color for two specific wires, and suggestions on how to make the trunk switch application easier. This is not the first time I am setting up an alarm system in my vehicles, and the info is rather generic for the most part. Getting a repair manual for these two wires seems like a waste, so I thought I'd ask where someone may have personal knowledge.

Now, since your level of help is to not help, thanks, but no thanks nocsek4.

Tim224DT on the other hand, thank you.