Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

2000 Camry LE V4 -> V6

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2006, 07:03 PM
Default 2000 Camry LE V4 -> V6

Before i get flamed i am a fairly new driver just getting the hang of things and just purchased my v4 LE 2000 camry i was wondering would it be possible to upgrade the engine to a v6 or more precisely what would one have to change to upgrade to a v6 from a v4,

yes i am stupid and yes i suck and everything but i'd really like to learn so please i've searched all i could or rather don't even know how to go about it,

Cheers.

Old 04-04-2006, 09:10 PM
Default RE: 2000 Camry LE V4 -> V6

Since your new, I'll be nice.

1. There is no such thing as a V4, its known as an In-line 4. (4 cylinders in a row. Looks something like OOOO) There are flat-4 engines, but since you dont own a Subaru or a Porsche, you shouldnt have to worry too much about them.
2, To upgrade to a V6, you would to remove the engine currently in the car and swap into it a V6, I'm pretty sure the trans has to be swapped aswell. Possibly other things. In my opinion, dont bother.
3. Go to http://www.howstuffworks.com and read up on the car section, you'll learn a lot.

Just read up on everything you can about cars if you really want to get into them. Since you said that your a new driver, I'm guessing that your about 15 or 16. My school has an auto-tech class I took, you might want to look into it. My class helped me get into a car dealership. If if you just trying to get some decent, cheap power out of your camry, (dont hate me, but its true) sell it and buy something faster.

-Jason

Old 04-12-2006, 04:01 AM
Default RE: 2000 Camry LE V4 -> V6

i have a flat 4 boxer engine...and it's in a camry... LOL! j.K!. relax... hey! i say turbo that 5S motor until something happens and rebuild it with stronger pieces. (it's also an MR-2 Motor.. and we all know in Japan.. the MR2 is loved) so they're bound to be out there.

one_to_hate