Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

95 Camry Q's

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 07:10 PM
Default 95 Camry Q's

So I've heard some rumors that the 5SFE likes to gum up the oil? Due to the cam-gear-drive?
SO..
Is my 10W-30 Full Synthetic MaxxLife going to cut the mustard? Should I drop in a can of BG MOA?

Would Schaeffer's Supreme 7000 treat me better? It does AMAZINGLY well in normal engines, what about this "special" case?
I used 15W-40 Supreme 7000 in my 84 Toyota Tercel with 212k miles. I ran that thing to and past redline regularly and it ticked less than any other 3AC I've heard. (red was 6k, it saw 7500 a few times, but usually backed off at around 6k due to valve float)

ALSO...
3SGE BEAMS... Will it fit??
How about the AWD platform? Is there room or provisions to stick a driveshaft to the back and live axle? I don't remember if there was a 95 Camry All-Trac anywhere and if they used the same body just different running gear.
Why do I ask? I have no bloomin idea. Maybe if the BEAMS will fit, the GTE will.

Old 01-24-2008, 04:53 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: 95 Camry Q's

It appears the oil can get too hot because of the engine head design. Changing the oil on a regular basis will go a long why towards preventing sludge. Plus using synthetic oil that can stand up to the higher temps.

Suggest if wanting an AWD to buy an eariler AWD Camry. The 1995 is a later generation design and not sure anything will fit plus the cost and effort would be great.