Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

thaks>>

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 12:32 PM
Default thaks>>

I allready install a new cold air intake with a K&N air filter ,performance spark plugs and wires , and i modified my exhaust system
by 2.5 inch down pipe , cat back end and plolishing my headers.
I get good resaults by this mods
thank u guys for your sugestions..

sory for my bad ENA.

Old 07-13-2006, 09:52 PM
Default RE: thaks>>

I got one question. What is the benefit from polishing your headers?

-Jason

Old 07-17-2006, 01:53 AM

polishing the outside doesnt do you much good, in fact it helps the heat escape from it more efficiently, making you engine resemble a oven for that new short-ram to enjoy.. if you ant your heads to look polished and dont like engine temps either, hit up a thing called "jet-hot", i got it done to my stock headers a while ago, and not only does it put the temps from it in a fraction, but it has a REALLY nice shine that lasts incredibly long. probably a good estimate is >200$ .. along with the outside being treated, the inside is also cleaned, which stacks more HP gain onto the gain you get from the lack of heat.

Old 07-18-2006, 12:11 AM

ORIGINAL: sl1solo

polishing the outside doesnt do you much good, in fact it helps the heat escape from it more efficiently, making you engine resemble a oven for that new short-ram to enjoy.. if you ant your heads to look polished and dont like engine temps either, hit up a thing called "jet-hot", i got it done to my stock headers a while ago, and not only does it put the temps from it in a fraction, but it has a REALLY nice shine that lasts incredibly long. probably a good estimate is >200$ .. along with the outside being treated, the inside is also cleaned, which stacks more HP gain onto the gain you get from the lack of heat.

Few things here are a little unclear to me. One being the whole oven thing. If polishing headers enables them to dissipate heat more efficiently, then wouldnt this increase underhood temps and cause very hot intake air? I can understand why somebody would do this for aesthetic reasons, but not performance. Getting a jet hot coating on your STOCK headers seems to me like it can only be beneficial to the appearance aspect. The power gains, if any, are so miniscule that its not worth it because the exhaust isnt the only thing that gives off heat under the hood and 'cleaning' the inside of the headers doesnt increase the overall diameter and will not increase power. You would be much better off, in my opinion, getting aftermarket headers for both power gains and for looks, even though they are more expensive and aftermarket parts for our cars arent readily available.

-Jason

Old 07-18-2006, 07:16 AM

jet hot if i didnt mention before is a heat deterrant, and that with removing the header cover helps cut heat by alot. Of course, aftermarket headers would be the the pinnacle upgrade to make but im jsut saying as far as modifying stock headers jet-hot is the best u can do.