General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

03 Camry LE - Cracked plastic

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 12:48 AM
Default 03 Camry LE - Cracked plastic

Hi all,

My girlfriend has an 03 Camry LE which is generally well taken care of (low miles, maintenance all on time), so you can imagine her anger/annoyance when I showed her that her rear speaker covers have... become dusty little crumplets of plastic. The rear covers cracked heavily and when I lightly brushed my fingers across them, the whole thing just caved in and disintegrated into little pieces. Apparently - this is not an isolated issue - as you can find out here: http://www.topix.com/forum/autos/toy...VEUN8TERT6NBKJ.

What I am wonder is if anyone managed to take the covers out by themselves and if anyone knows where a replacement can be purchased. It looks to me that you need to take off the whole entire back panel, and if that is the case - can someone link me to a tutorial or a document that explains how to do so? I figured if I can't find a replacement for this (and Toyota claims you can only buy the whole back panel for a whooping 451 smackers), I will just break away the plastic and glue some light fabric over it to protect the speakers.

Thank's for the help!