General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2000 camry ??

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 04:17 PM
Default 2000 camry ??

I am trying to siphon gas out of my car. I tried using a hose to no avail. It seems like its not reaching any liquid. Is this possible to siphon gas out of where you put gas? I am doing this as my wife accidentally put 4 gallons of waterinto the car when we came back from vacation.

Where is the fuel pump located on this car?

Old 07-19-2007, 04:28 PM
Default RE: 2000 camry ??

There is an anti-siphon spiral in the fuel tank neck. You'll never get a garden hose down there. You might be able to thread a 1/4" hose past the anti-siphon device. But since water is heavier than gas, it will all be at the bottom of the tank. You will never be able to siphon it all out. If any is left in, the second you start the engine, you'll be sucking water into the fuel filter and injectors. That will cost a fortune to fix. Bite the bullet and have tank professionally flushed. It will cost far less than the damage you may cause by running the vehicle. BTW, the fuel pump is in the tank.

Old 07-19-2007, 06:34 PM
Default RE: 2000 camry ??

I would suggest to have the water flush out from the tank by professional mechanic. I hope you did not try to start the engine and if you did the possibility is some water might be in the injectors and you have to clean the injectors and that will be additional expenses for you.