General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2007 CE Vibration, tried all I know.

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2014, 02:05 PM
Default 2007 CE Vibration, tried all I know. HELP!

I have a 2007 Camry CE, (4 Cyl) and it has recently started vibrating like a banshee at stop signs while in drive. Neutral it will occasionally vibrate, but nowhere near as bad. I do not see any correlation between engine temp and severity of vibration. Although it is worse at some times than others. Since it started this is what I have tried.

New spark plugs (iridium tipped)
All new dealer motor mounts
BG total top end service.
Mass air flow clean
Fuel system additive
Air filter
Oil change
Checked vacuum lines
Cleaned battery terminals

There are no engine codes, but the engine is definitely vibrating more than it should and is transferring that through the new motor mounts and into the drivers seat. I have tried everything that I can think of, can anyone give me some input on what to do, I dumped a grand into mounts so I really don't want to spend a ton of money in diagnostic fees if I don't have to. Thanks guys

Last edited by Steelersboy; 11-19-2014 at 04:51 PM.
Old 11-19-2014, 07:16 PM
Super Moderator

What is the idle RPM?

Try cleaning the throttle plate and bore. The throttle is electric and can have issues that cleaning solves.

Old 11-19-2014, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by toyomoho
What is the idle RPM?

Try cleaning the throttle plate and bore. The throttle is electric and can have issues that cleaning solves.
I did that at the same time I did the mass air flow cleaning, it didn't change anything either. Nothing I tried helped at all so that is why I am so confused.

Also the idle rpm averages around 750 plus or minus 50 sometimes.

Old 11-19-2014, 10:58 PM

What is the idle RPM?

Also the rpm is around 750 plus or minus 50 rpm sometimes

Old 11-20-2014, 12:09 AM
Super Moderator

Have you tried starting the car and looking under the hood for excessive play at the mounts or other areas? Transmission mounts as well?

Old 11-20-2014, 10:07 AM
Super Moderator

Check ventilation one way check valve (PCV system). Air should be able to move out of engine but not into engine.

Idle RPM is OK, when the A/C is on and compressor working does the idle stay the same or drop?

Any pending codes.

Coil issues can cause vibration.

Old 11-20-2014, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by Patonium
Have you tried starting the car and looking under the hood for excessive play at the mounts or other areas? Transmission mounts as well?
The mounts are all new, but I did check them for play again in case of a faulty one. They all seem to still be in good shape with no excessive movement.

Old 11-20-2014, 07:57 PM

Check ventilation one way check valve (PCV system). Air should be able to move out of engine but not into engine.

Idle RPM is OK, when the A/C is on and compressor working does the idle stay the same or drop?

Any pending codes.

Coil issues can cause vibration.
The rpm drops briefly then returns to normal when at gets turned on. There are no codes, which is why I ruled out coils in my head because I thought that would throw a code. I do feel like it is a run ability issue though. It accelerates smooth, but if I put my hand on the engine cover it just feels like the motor itself is vibrating more than it should.

How do I check the pcv valve?

Old 11-20-2014, 11:01 PM
Super Moderator
Old 11-24-2014, 12:12 PM

Ok I checked and cleaned the pcv valve. It is in good shape and it still is vibrating. Any more thoughts anyone?

Quick Reply: 2007 CE Vibration, tried all I know.