General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 08-28-2015, 04:52 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Steering & Suspension
Print Wikipost

2007 VIBRATION - PLEASE HELP

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 12:00 AM
Default 2007 VIBRATION - PLEASE HELP

Ok, I just bought an 07 with less than 9,000 miles on it, and it has a vibration.

I don't recall the vibration when I bought it, or I would've pointed it out and possibly looked for another vehicle.

It was originally pretty bad, at about 60mph, the steering wheel would actually bounce back and forth about 1/2 inch.

The dealership balanced the tires, and the vibration got better. It still had the vibration at about 60mph that was noticeable in your feet mostly, but could be felt in the steering wheel.

The dealership again balanced all 4 tires, and it seemed to be better again.

It started to feel more around a week later, at about 60mph again or faster.

The dealership now replaced the tires. Old ones were the Bridgestone, new ones are the Yoko tires. They also did a 4 wheel alignment.

The vibration is still there.

It still is mostly noticable in your feet, but you can feel it in the steering wheel, but I think it's more just traveling through the vehicle.

Also, I did note when driving, that I can watch the passenger seat bounce back and forth very quickly with the vibration.

I have attempted to determine if anything specific is causing this...

I turned left and right, put the car in neutral, stepped on the brakes and jumped on the gas.

The vibration is there no matter what.

It only seems to get worse as you speed up...

When I hit 75mph, you can really feel it in your feet.

The dealership is at a lose at this point. They wish for me to wait, maybe as long as several months, for the Toyota rep to come in and take a look at it.

So...any ideas?

I've been told, possible a brake rotor lost a weight.

I've also been told that it's possible a shock/strut has failed.

Anyone else having any issues similar to this?

I really love this car, and really just want this to get resolved.

Thanks for any help!!!!

Old 02-26-2008, 01:34 PM
Default RE: 2007 VIBRATION - PLEASE HELP

turned left and right, put the car in neutral, stepped on the brakes and jumped on the gas.

The vibration is there no matter what.

It only seems to get worse as you speed up...
Coasting in neutral and vibration is still there? This tells you that it is probably not drive train related.
Hopefully you are still under warranty after buying it used? Some other causes i could think of for a vibration

1 - one or more wheels damaged or out of round
2 - CV drive axle shaft may be bent
3 - bad wheel hub bearing
4 - rotors (the suggestion of missing rotor weight is possible)

If you are under warranty they ought to be able to fix this, if not you probablyneed to find a really good front end shop to diagnose this problem. Perhaps there is a TSB that the dealer hasnt gotten yet -

Old 02-26-2008, 11:24 PM

Yeah, coasting it's still there.

I've even popped it in neutral, and shut the car off to rule out engine vibration, and it's still there.

I'm taking it back in to the dealer tomorrow. They're going to have to figure this out.

It's all under warranty, so nothing out of pocket here.

I'll update here when I find out something...

Old 02-29-2008, 01:14 AM

Ok, took the car in for the appointment.

The tech drove it again, and said, yep it does still have the vibration.

The service advisor said they couldn't touch it now, because it's been back 3 times for the same issue.

He is calling the Toyoto engineer, and is going to make an appointment for him to look at the car.

Guess they don't want to get hit with the lemon law or something.

I'm not looking to do that, but I just want the thing fixed. It's a nice car, and I would like to be able to drive it everyday without any worries.

I'll update here when I find out more...

Old 05-16-2008, 09:23 PM

Ok, sooo....almost 3 months later, the Toyota rep finally set up a time to come in.

I spoke with the Toyota Dealer every week about when the rep was coming in during that 3 months, and they kept saying, they haven't heard anything. They actually started ignoring my calls and messages.

When the rep finally got there and we met, he said the Toyota Dealer didn't even speak to him until 2 weeks ago. What happened during the last 3 months? LOL

Anyways...he drove the car, looked at it, etc...

The problem with the vibration, it's normal.

Nothing wrong with the car they say, just the way the car is.

WTF is that. 3 months of waiting, 3 months of having my feet numb by the time I make it to work everyday from the vibration, and it's just the way the car is, probably from the type of rims they use, they pick up more road vibrations he said.

Anyone wanna by a 4 wheel foot massager real cheap? You can view it shortly, wrapped around the light pole in front of the dealer. (just kidding on the pole part)

Time to shop for a new car I guess.

What a crock. Too bad actually, I really do love the car. Maybe I'll just look for new rims and tires, maybe that will be it.

Old 05-29-2008, 01:07 AM

It's a lemon if they can't fix it. Time to push the to give you your money back. If they refuse, get a lawyer and sue.

Old 05-29-2008, 02:13 AM
Super Moderator

Suggest a Google search on "Camry 2007 vibration"

You will find some hits including the one below, read the last post. Not sure if this is your problem but.

http://www.fixya.com/support/t591925...ion_entire_car

or

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=231235

Are you stating the vibration was not there when you purchased the car? Getting worse?

In general, a bad CV joint typically shows up with drivetrain under power. Did the dealer check for a bent rim or actually check/measure anything? Some parts can be checked.

Sounds like they are blowing you off. If you have exhausted your efforts at this dealer might try another, some are better then others on warranty work. Can complain to Toyota corporate but exhaust dealer efforts first.

The lemon law varies with each state, Toyota will do every thing possible NOT to take the car back and put you if. If you go this route or get a lawyer you can forget any support from Toyota as they figure they have lost you as a customer.

Old 05-29-2008, 03:24 PM

Man I would be PISSED!!! THREE months??? And that vibration is NORMAL??? BS!!!!!

I can give you a number or two for folks that work within Toyota. (if I still have them)

Can you just go to a different dealership?

Which crappy dealership did you bring it to already so other folks know about it???

Old 05-13-2014, 07:30 PM
Default Mario c

I had vibration on my 2007 toyota camry for 2 years until I found the solution. I cleaned the throttle body and Idle air control valve (iac) and now my car is driving perfect. I can not believe how easy it was to fix...

Old 05-15-2014, 09:14 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks for posting with the fix.

Quick Reply: 2007 VIBRATION - PLEASE HELP