General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
Old 08-26-2015, 01:57 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Lighting Guides
Print Wikipost

94 camery reverse light problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 02:54 PM
Default 94 camery reverse light problem

hey all. this is my wife car and here backlight indicater is on. something that is saying about here reverse light. well when its on reverse the lights are not on. i checked the bulbs and replaced them. i check the fuse and their all good. anybody know whats going on. it did work before off and on. now its completing dead! ??

Old 01-15-2008, 01:20 PM
Default RE: 94 camery reverse light problem

sounds like you have a wire harness problem. the wire useally brakes close to the left trunk hinge.

Old 01-15-2008, 10:12 PM

I DID remember i change the bulbs and i think thats when it started to act wierd. im going to check that first. i read on here about something about different watts of bulbs can cuase issue.

Old 04-06-2008, 08:48 PM

okay bump back up! still haven't found the issue. i mean it been acting up before it completely died. i have the backlight sensor light on my cluster. does anyone know what it mean? i haven't test too see if i have power to the bulbs but i will.

Old 04-07-2008, 07:48 PM
Super Moderator

The indicator is for the stop lights, not backup lights. Have you changed all the bulbs including center stop light and combo tail/stop lights? Check the sockets for corrosion.

Old 04-08-2008, 09:31 AM

but my back brake up light works fine. just my reverse dont work. i have not change my brake light but have change my reverse lights but nothing happen.

Old 04-08-2008, 12:21 PM
Super Moderator

Somewhat confused.

The backup lights are the same as the reverse lights. The light out warning icon on the dash is only for the stop lights.

Are you stating when you put the trans in reverse the backup (reverse lights) at the back of the car do not light up, the "R" indicator on the dash console does not light up or something else.

Keep in mind, the "R" indicator light on the dash is controlled by a rotary switch located behind the gear shift arm on the trans. The backup lights themselves are turned on/off by a separate switch typcially on top of the transmission housing.

Old 04-08-2008, 08:51 PM

ORIGINAL: toyomoho

Somewhat confused.

The backup lights are the same as the reverse lights. The light out warning icon on the dash is only for the stop lights.

Are you stating when you put the trans in reverse the backup (reverse lights) at the back of the car do not light up, the "R" indicator on the dash console does not light up or something else.

Keep in mind, the "R" indicator light on the dash is controlled by a rotary switch located behind the gear shift arm on the trans. The backup lights themselves are turned on/off by a separate switch typcially on top of the transmission housing.
yes when i put it to R the reverse does not light up! i did not know of the rotary switch. ill check it. i remember my dad fixing the car but i dont know if he touch it or not.ill check. why would they have a switch of it anyways, thats just dumb.

Old 04-09-2008, 06:09 PM
Super Moderator

If the reverse light on the console, each position such P,R,N, etc has its own bulb. These can burn out.

Old 04-10-2008, 12:44 PM

ORIGINAL: toyomoho

If the reverse light on the console, each position such P,R,N, etc has its own bulb. These can burn out.
im not talking about the shift light inside, im talking about the reversel light outside at the back of the taillight.

Quick Reply: 94 camery reverse light problem