General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

94 Camry window goes up unevenly

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2013, 01:23 PM
Default 94 Camry window goes up unevenly

The front passenger window rolls up unevenly. As it moves up it cants forward and slides out of the channel.

I have replaced the run channel frames, the run channel liner and the window regulator. I'm totally at a loss here and could REALLY use ANY advice anyone can give.

Are there channel guides that I should be using? I've searched and don't think so.

Is some form of lubrication necessary? I've not found any info for that solution.

I have a hard time believing that such a well established forum would be lacking in people with the ingenuity to offer potential ideas but the first time I posted this I got crickets.

As I said, any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Dan

Old 05-06-2013, 08:15 PM
Super Moderator

Determine if the metal bracket that attaches to window itself is still firmly in place and has not shifted.

Run the passengers side window about 2/3 way up then look at the angle of the top edge of the glass from approx 1/2 the window panel width back.

The drivers side window should have the same angle when in the same location. If not there are a couple of bolts that can be loosened to adjust the angle.

For lubes look under window channel lube or dressing. These products are typically silicone spray or grease. Might try to find a dry silicone spray as grease is messy.