General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'97 Camry Climate Control Question

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 12:54 PM
Default '97 Camry Climate Control Question

Hi: First, let me say how impressed I am with the quality of replies that I found while looking through this forum while searching for an answer to my problem.
I'm hoping someone can walk me through this one. My '97 Camry has plenty of heat; trouble is, it only comes out through the defroster vents. I'm thinking a control cable of some sort has come off the back of the climate mode selector ****. It's a CE model so there's no automatic mode.
First step: How to remove the wood trim panel?
Second: What do I find then? Is the control mechanism relatively easy to remove & check?
Third: If it is a loose/separated cable, what is the repair and is there a way to use an adhesive to secure it?
Thanks, WGriff

Old 04-04-2007, 01:00 AM
Default RE: '97 Camry Climate Control Question

Hope I can be of help. The mode of selection used is a cog effect kinda like seen in a gear selector for a motorcycle. You have to remove the dog house(evap and heater core). When removing the evap be sure to use a sticky tape like duct to cover the openings on both ends if not, you will waste your system due to moisture. dissasembly will be likly but check that the cogs not broken on the out side. Some time the doors that are responsible for direction of airflow come loose inside the doghouse or they break. Hope this is what you wanted to hear, the job isn't that tough just take your time and use your eyes and common sence.
[align=left] [/align]