General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Accelerating problem 93' toyota camry v6 automatic trans

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 01:42 PM
Default Accelerating problem 93' toyota camry v6 automatic trans

Hello, my 93' Toyota Camry V6 has been having like accelerating problems. First off I'd like to say that I know very little about car repair, so bear with me. Ever since my brother and I replaced the head gaskets(due to another incident) it's been acting weird, but still driveable. Here's the problem from my perspective: I start the car wait about 30 seconds for it to warm up, (I heard your supposed to do that) and then press on the brake andput it in drive (it's an automatic transmission) press on the gas and it barely moves at first. Even if I press on the gas alot it will still barely move. Then after about 30 seconds of that will start to get a little faster, little by little. So basically I'm getting like 0-60 in 40 seconds or so.

When the problem first occured in May of08' the car would be fine and acting normal as soon as I hit like 60 mph. But now it seems to be getting worse were as when I slow down after hitting like 60 mph It still takesa long time to accelerate back up.

Ya, my brother knows alot about car stuff but he does'nt know what the problem is, so I thought I'd ask here. Thanks

By the way it has about 108k miles on it.

Old 08-20-2008, 05:33 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Accelerating problem 93' toyota camry v6 automatic trans

Could be a lot of things mostly internal of the trans.

A few things to checK:

Is the trans cable adjusted OK and allowing the trans to engage Drive fully? Does it make an differance if the trans is in 1st, 2nd, etc?.

Is the trans fluid low, dirty, clogged trans fluid intake screen in the pan?