General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Daughter PEEVED!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2016, 08:31 PM
Default Daughter PEEVED!!!!

Hey there I hope someone can help please!! My daughter has a 98 camry with a 2.2. It has 160000 ish miles on it and it runs perfect (when it's not stalling). I drove it for a week and it stalled once right as I parked at work, it started right back up though. I cleaned the EGR, new coil packs (check engine light indicated) and cleared the code for that. It ran fine for me and my wife for four days so we traded back (I have a 2000 with a 3.0 BEUTIFAL machine) and for two days it was fine. It is back to stalling, it stalled today on my wife and daughter three times. One time the steering locked up and the hazards wouldn't work. I am thinking ignition somewhere! Any imput or help, ideas, bad jokes even? I am losing bad in my house right now, help!!

Old 10-02-2016, 08:45 PM

engine check light should be on

idle control sensor controls idle (IAC )
it can be cleaned

Attached Thumbnails Daughter PEEVED!!!!-index.jpg  

Last edited by dirty hands; 10-05-2016 at 10:19 PM.
Old 10-03-2016, 07:01 PM

UGHH! I forgot about the IAC, thank you Dirty Hands. I thought the engine light would return throwing a new code, but no deal. I just talked to her and she said it has been fine all day and no engine light still. I will try the IAC though, not today it is rainy and cold out. Thanks for the response!

Old 10-05-2016, 09:19 AM
Super Moderator

Unless IAC fails electronically, a code will not be set. A dirty IAC will not set a code.

Read up on cleaning the IAC. Use a spray cleaner safe for plastic and emissions converters.