General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Eek. A Mouse?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2010, 04:44 PM
Unhappy Eek. A Mouse?

I have a 2010 Camry sedan.

Two days ago, I noticed what appeared to be mouse droppings on the seats and floor mats, and in the glove box (and it seems there might have been some mouse pee on the registration form).

Yesterday, I checked the car again, there wasn't any new mouse droppings, instead I discovered a dead mouse (baby) on the driver side floor mat.

Today, when I checked the car, there were no mouse droppings again, and also no dead mice (thankfully). However, when I turned on the vent fan (it was cooler today than the previous two days) small flecks, which looked something like ash, came blowing out of the vents.

Now it seems pretty obvious that there was a mouse making its home in the car (the dead mouse is something of a giveaway here), but this car is driven daily.

I have heard of mice making homes in cars which are idle for long stretches of time, but has anyone ever heard of a mouse making a home in a car which does a half-hour commute daily?

More importantly, can anyone suggest how I could flush out my vents? I presume there is a mouse nest in there (hopefully a now abandoned one).