General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hertz??

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 02:48 AM
Default Hertz??

Hey all! I just bought a white '07 Camry tonight and loving it. My excitement was put on hold for awhile when I saw the back of the manual had a Hertz sticker on it. Does this effect the value of the car and will it show up anywhere such as a carfax report? I was a little pissed at first to be honest since the dealership never told me that but I'm over it. Any input would be appreciated.

Old 01-31-2008, 08:44 AM
Default RE: Hertz??

I wouldn't worry too much. Rental cars usually have all their regular service work done and are a good buy. I doubt the dealer got it from Hertz, probably a trade-in?? The Rental companies sell their cars for good prices and I don't think it would affect value. Now leased cars, there's a different story. Leased vehicle usersput as little into those cars as possiblebecause they know the car will be turned back in to the dealer. I'd rather buy a rental than a leased. It will probably show up inCarfax but hopefully itis not a flooded rental car withone of thoseinsurance company wiped clean titles. Will you sleep any better now?

Old 01-31-2008, 11:14 AM

Thanks, Pedro! I will sleep better now :P I love the car so I wasn't going to let it get me down too much but just one of those things.

Old 01-31-2008, 11:37 AM

You will likely be fine. I was also very upset when I found out that my previous Camry was originally an Enterprise vehicle. I had specifically asked the salesman if it had been a rental because of the high mileage and he told me it wasn't.

Anyway, that car had 180,000 miles on it without even a rattle when my wife destroyed it in a collision.