General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hours of labor for replacing engine

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2010, 03:25 AM
Default Hours of labor for replacing engine

I was actually planning on buying a new car within the next year, but with the housing as cheap as they are I'm contemplating just throwing in another engine to my 98 camry when it dies (150k miles now nothing wrong with it) Since I'm finding low mileage motors for very good prices.

I was debating on either of the two getting a 2000+ Celica with 100k+ miles for a good price and driving that til it dies and replacing that motor, or driving this Camry til it dies then replacing this one.

What do you guys think would probably be better idea? Celicas with high miles are going for pretty reasonable prices these days, and the 1zz engines are very reasonable as well.

About how much hours of labor would be required to replacing the engine at a typical shop if anyone knows would be greatly appreciated, I understand every shop charges different rates per hour, but the approximate hour should be pretty close cause most shops use a program to figure out the hours.

Old 05-29-2010, 11:13 AM
Super Moderator

Might review posts or ask this question at the Toyotanation website.

Old 05-30-2010, 08:01 PM

im looking for a 1996 toyota camry le for sale with a blown motor for cheap if anyone has or knows someone who has one i would appreciate it if you would email me boobsv49@msn.com i live in ontario california so somewhere preferably around there.

thank you.