General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

93 Won't Shift Plus More Problems

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2009, 02:25 PM
Default 93 Won't Shift Plus More Problems

Hey Guys I'm having problems with my 93 Sedan (auto trans). All at once I can't shift out of park and my power locks and windows don't work.
When I got in to go get groceries the shift **** didn't want to move into drive but after a couple seconds of wiggling it, it went. But then when I came out of the grocery store I couldn't for the life of me get it out of park and my power locks and windows stopped working. We checked all the fuses and can't find any blown. So now my car is stuck at the store. I heard that there is a shift lock override but I don't have my manual. So I guess I have three questions.

1. Does anybody know what could be going on?

2. Does anybody know how the shift lock override works and where I find it?

3. Does anybody have a pdf of the owners manual for a 93 Camry?

Thanks so much!

Old 07-08-2009, 10:40 AM

OK, A little situation update. I got the car home with the help of the shift lock override. So that's good. Also I found out that the brake lights aren't working. Which is probably the reason for the locked shifter. So now I've got no brake lights, no power windows, no dash back light and no power locks. And the thing is, I want to check the relays for it but my relays aren't where the haynes manual says they are. In the place of my power lock relay and bunch of other replys (under the drivers dash) I have a box that calls is itself "Relay Integration". Is this box there in the place of all my interior relay problems? Somebody please help.

Old 07-13-2009, 10:12 AM

Ok well, I'm posting what happened just in case this happens to someone else. If you are ever having electrical problems in your 92-96 Camry that just don't make sense together then check the EV1 Wiring harness just above the drivers side strut under the hood. It could have wiggled itself loose. At least that's what happened to me. After 4 total nights of troubleshooting, checking for pinched wires, melted wires, checking fuses and relays and trying to trace wires all around the dang vehicle, we found that the culprit was a single harness. Had we known where the harness was right away we probably would've checked it but dang it those Haynes wiring diagrams need a legend of some sort which tells the locations of all the abbreviated components. Anyway, I'm just glad everything works again and hope that somewhere down the road, this will help someone out there.