General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Old 08-26-2015, 03:07 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Specifications & General Maintenance
Print Wikipost

recommended maintenance

Old 02-26-2014, 07:15 PM
Default recommended maintenance

how much is the average recomm. maint. service costs @ your toyota dealer, also wondering how much for syn. oil change?

Old 02-27-2014, 12:48 AM
Super Moderator

Maintenance service costs will depend on your mileage/age of car as there are different parts checked and/or replaced at certain mileage/age intervals. If you bought your car used and know nothing of it's history than your first dealer service could cost you some cash. I'm not sure about synthetic oil change but probably around $35-45.
What year/model/engine/mileage Camry do you own?

Old 02-27-2014, 09:36 AM

2012, LE, 2.5, currently 37k, next service should be 46K since it just went threw the used car certification inspection.

Old 02-27-2014, 05:35 PM

went by firestone today, get some air, they have a synthetic blend oil change in the $20 range a full synthetic bout $50. Said don't have to have syn.. What do you think about a blend, probably best to have some syn., since that's whats in it now. Also went by dealer today, noise in my seat. There is a plate in the seat that needs tightening or whatever, seat guy will be there Monday.

Last edited by mark garrett; 02-27-2014 at 05:40 PM.
Old 02-28-2014, 01:07 AM
Super Moderator

I wouldn't expect much to be done on the 46K schedule. They will probably want to change cabin air filter, oil, and then check all the other fluids/brakes, and rotate tires. I'm not sure of cost.
I use the blend in my '07 and I have no complaints. As long as you do the oil changes as prescribed you have nothing to worry about. If you have the extra money, using full synthetic is great. The oil change interval changes to almost double what it is with the blend.

Old 03-02-2014, 11:39 PM

I have a 2013 Camry Se,the recommended oil change is 10,000 miles with full synthetic,i don't believe in using that long,ive been doing mine every 5000,synthetic blends are good for 5000 miles Easy,i change my own oil so I know what im getting,and your mechanic,ask him Exactly what blend hes using,some claim to be blends,and are just an upgraded conventional oil

Old 03-03-2014, 12:52 AM
Super Moderator

From my understanding, all 5w 20 oils are at least a synthetic blend. There is also full synthetic as well but probably more in the range 0w 20, which is an acceptable oil for later model Camry's.

Old 03-03-2014, 10:21 AM

I don't know about do it yourself oil changes on late models, might blow a hole in your warranty? Just dropped mine off to get seat fixed, I'll let u know if I get this passed threw by warranty, or courtesy fix since I've only had it a month.

Last edited by mark garrett; 03-03-2014 at 10:25 AM.
Old 03-04-2014, 01:07 AM
Super Moderator

The seat should be covered by warranty since it has only been a month. DIY oil changes are okay as long as you document and keep receipts. Note the mileage on the receipts as well date(s). If you are in doubt about warranty issues, you can always contact the company and get the details from them.

Old 03-04-2014, 06:13 PM

I got my car back today, after they kept it 30hrs. due to it going to an outside vendor. Better but not fixed, the vendor just put more cushion in it to damper the noise from the metal plate that still has some play in it. Said fri. there will be some more cars coming in & will switch seats, need power seat. I know my car is a 2012 but it has a certified bumper-bumper warranty for 12 months. They're cheaping out so it doesn't cost them anything. If this is it, I will have to approve the seat. Life in the big city...Houston Tx..

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: recommended maintenance