General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

transformation into v.i.p style

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 10:00 PM
Default transformation into v.i.p style

hey im new on this forum, and i just bought an 05 camry, and i need some feedback on my plans for my venture into the v.i.p style. i plan on first getting 19" deep dish rims (dont know what type yet), hks high power exhaust, airbag suspension, toyota supra 1jz motor swap, 6 speed tranny conversion, rwd conversion, glossy black paint job, black out emblems, in-dash tv as well as in the seats, rear camber kt, roll cage, lambo door conversion inthe front and back, blacked out tail lights, smoked headlights, and this is going to cost around $30,000, and im taking the loan out in a couple weeks, so the project can be started. tell me if this is going to be worth the price, or am i just wasting my time. if you dont know what v.i.p is look it up on google images.

Old 06-20-2007, 02:14 AM
Default RE: transformation into v.i.p style

1-JZ + 6spd. tranny + rwd conversion parts + labor = 30Gs.

- You don't have to do that powertrain swap at all if you have the 5th gen camry. The 4cyl. is tout andhas a lot of after marketsupport ( tC Kits ) - Greddy has a 500HP 2AZ tC.

- If its a V-6.. boost it!

- Import the ENTIRE JDMFRONT CLIPfrom jpn. + MOLDED WIDE BODY (MUST) + run staggered 19"s w/ a lot ofnegative camber in the rear.

(Sorry dude.. 30Gs into a Camry isn't very realistic to many of us.. but if you can afford to do so then by all means.. go for it. Keep us posted if you do.)

----------------------------------------------or----------------------------------------------

Infinity M-45. Great platform to start with.

Old 06-21-2007, 04:37 AM
Super Moderator

Another idiot talking about swaping a supra motor! Come on man be realistic! If you do it great for you but, your going to spend far far far more than 30G's

Old 06-22-2007, 02:48 AM

ORIGINAL: lavalleemike

Another idiot talking about swaping a supra motor! Come on man be realistic! If you do it great for you but, your going to spend far far far more than 30G's

no offense mike.. "idiot" is rather demeaning- and i understand that thistopichas been brought up one too many times but let's not result in name calling. We all have thought aboutcrazy swapsat one point or another- we just never had the ***** to say it out loud.

Old 06-23-2007, 03:59 PM

well i decided not to do the 1jz swap because the technician at my sponsors shop said it would not be worth doing the motor swap, and told me to just beef up the tc motor i already have in it. i just ordered dual hks high power cat-back exhaust w/ burnt tips, b-magic body kit, greddy stage 2 full turbo kit, exedy clutch, jdm vienna 18' wheels and tires off of jdm-wheels.com, tein lowering springs, aem camber kit for the rear, wood-grain dash trim, pioneer in-dash touch screen navigation head-unit, projector headlights with black housing, h.i.d conversion kit, and some other goodies, and just to let you know i have the money to do everything i want to my camry because i have a very good job, and work hard for what i have, and the camry is only my second car that i want to transform, and i have sponsors unlike many other people with camrys, so before anyone speaks, talk to me and find out what i am about before you bash my ideas. now if you wanna talk garbage, ill bring my 05 sti fully built w/ 631 awhp on 26psi, and all beefed up suspension if you want to take it to the track, or my buddy can pull out his 891 rwhp 94 mk4 supra, fully built running 32psi. unless you have something worthy to run our cars, dont rip on anybody.