General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whats the left side horn cable called ???

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2011, 08:43 PM
Default Whats the left side horn cable called ???

my mom left the state for a month and today her 2007 toyota camry Lx or im not sure forgot the model its fully loaded. alarm started going on and off by its self every 5 minutes. so i called Triple A to see if they can unlock the car. but they failed. i disconnected the right side horn and the guy try to disconnect the left side horn. but he didnt unclip it he ripped the cable. so now i have to go buy a horn cable does anybody know what its called or whats the part #?? also when i pluged the right horn in, my mom called me and said theres spear keys in her room which was locked so i had to break the door lock. got the keys turned the car on and try the horn. sens i put back together the right horn , it didnt make noise.

Old 07-06-2011, 11:11 AM
Super Moderator

Your best best is take the old parts to the dealer and have the parts person look at it.

If the cable was torn from the horn or connector doubt just the cable or connector is available by itself. Can you splice the wires together using crimp connectors available at autoparts stores.

Another alternative is buy a complete horn/cable from a junk yard.

The horns for the steering wheel have a 10A HORN fuse, check the fuse.

There may be a third horn for the security system. This fuse is labeled 7.5A S-HORN

Last edited by toyomoho; 07-06-2011 at 11:19 AM.