General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wheel wind noise?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 12:37 PM
Default wheel wind noise?

hello--I have a 2003 Camry XLE 4 cyl--with 98,000 miles.
Car runs great and I service it at dealer. I am the original owner. Not sure if anyone has ever experienced this. When I am driving at slower speed, around 35 or so, as I turn the wheel either slightly left or right to negotiate turns in the road, I hear a slight sound----its not a rubbing sound or a thumping sound, nor is there any vibration nor is it a rattle. I only started hearing it, when I turned off the radio one morning. All I can think is, perhaps, it is wind going through the spokes of the hubcabs, or perhaps since some of the hub cabs don't sit flush against the wheel, that is making a wind noise when I turn the wheel to follow the curves as I am driving? When I have the tires rotated or other service, there has been no mention of anything else, wrong. I am still on the original Toyota brake pads as I do alot of highway driving, but I am going to get them replaced in 2 weeks, as it is almost time. I also have the front end bra, and its not on now, but the clips are still on the wheel well---but those are not rubbing against the tires. I changed the tires about 1 1/2 years ago and did not use the Vrated tire----there is no tire noise at all. Can anyone offer any suggestions? Mechanically, the car is in perfect condition--it still looks and drives brand new-thanks