Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

05 2.4 camry intake system

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 11:12 PM
Default 05 2.4 camry intake system

I found an intake system for my make an model. However doesnt anyone suggest these intake or is stock better for these engines ect. Its kn if that makes a difference?

Old 05-23-2007, 08:26 PM
Default RE: 05 2.4 camry intake system

I had a custom cold air intake for my camry. I can feel some power difference at higher rpm. But the sound is worth it. My car has a Borla exhaust and it made it a ton louder. The only hard part making it was finding a mass air flow sensor because I wanted to be able to keep the stock air box just in case it did not work as I wanted. But other than that it was easy to figure out.

Old 05-24-2007, 02:48 AM

Cold air is better but it requiers more work to be done & the pipe should take place in the lower part of the car as its a long pipe ...

when i had my honda civic 7th gen i used the warm air intake as it was a short pipe as i was a bit afriad from water to get into it during rain seasons ...
but now for my 3rd gen camry i've used a replacement K&N filter insted of going for warm or cold air intake.

all the best with ur ride.

Old 05-24-2007, 07:03 AM

I know the 2AZ-FE K&N Air Intake was being researched not too long ago.. so i'm not too sure if its out on the market yet or not- some people just put on a K&N FILTER (cone style) on the ends of chrome pipes and call it an intake. So if you would please; link us to the site where you found the K&N intake system. I'm not doubting what you're saying- i'm just skeptical because there's a lot of K&N imitators out there. K&N is btw- pretty great quality iMO.

Old 06-23-2007, 12:31 AM

i have a 2002 with the 2.4 and i have a injen technologies short ram intake. they also make a full cold air intake.

Old 05-07-2013, 03:53 PM

Well my car is about paid off finally so im thinking of a CAI or short ram style...It was a k&n style made by k&n and was a bit pricey , i think like 200$ or more...I have looked into the Injen models too....I remember putting one on my cousins 94 corolla and he actually lost gas mileage but boy was it fun to drive lol...I guess thats why im asking if anyone has one if they noticed any real difference...Im not much on speeding anymore, the tickets arent worth it..I just want to let it breathe a bit more easily, Car has roughly 200k now and was just looking to do something to give her a break so to speak lol...

Well maintain always change oil with synthetic every 3-4 k , change tranny fluid and filter, antifreeze an thermostat etc...

Just looking for input from any CAI owners I suppose...Is it worth it, or should i keep the stock airbox with K&N filter ?

Ive notice a bit of improvement with the K&N filter as soon as I bought the car I put it in and she had a deep tone durning mild load and full throttle...But its a camry who am i kidding lol

Old 06-13-2013, 01:23 AM

all the CAI I find arent like the ones im use to...Like on my friends integra gsr his aem cai went with piping all the way to the filter right under the bumber....the cai intakes for camry i find basically just run piping to where the airbox would be and you remove it
02-06 Toyota Camry Cold Air Intakes from K&N at Andy's Auto Sport
Here what im looking at...just for an idea

I noticed ram air style intakes as well...Id spend the extra money on a CAI but they just look funny I guess, Not very traditional looking...I know the scion tc has the same engine as well but not sure if a CAI for a scion would work? Some of there CAI look like what im use to seeing...

I understand that with the CAI I listed a site for there is what looks like a rubber seal that would seal around under the hood it would see...and then a tiny space where you would use the existing piping from the hood to the airbox as part of the CAI design to bring in cold air...just funny...any inputs?

Old 06-13-2013, 09:06 PM
Super Moderator

The Toyotanation website has user opinions, do a search of the Camry section.

Old 08-07-2013, 04:45 AM

If you are searching the web for a Camry intake, you can rest now. AutoAnything has got your Toyota Camry air intake needs covered. With our great variety of Camry intake systems, you can be sure to provide your Camry's engine with fresh air. More and cleaner air leads to more hp and torque, and you can improve your gas mileage as well. And, we carry the big names in the industry, too! Pick your intake system from brands like K&N, AEM, AFE, S&B, Spectre, and many more. AutoAnything is the Number One source on the web for Toyota Camry air intake systems! Read 34 Toyota Camry air intake systems reviews, with an average rating of 4.50 out of 5 stars, to help determine which Toyota Camry air intake systems are right for you.