Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

exhaust help

Old 05-15-2007, 09:50 PM
Default exhaust help

ive been saving up to start some work on the cam and i wan to have the rite exhaust system (bcuz the bumbper im getn has to ports and aint wana leaveone open) i kno a lot of people get the custom one hooked up and i was wondern wut performance would be better. i wanted the shop to do something with a borla ect (any of the name brands just thru a name out)but would that make it a waste of money by decreasing what it could actualy do?? or would it b better all custom?

Old 05-15-2007, 09:57 PM
Default RE: exhaust help

to sum it up say i bought to trd exhaust systems and had em welded rite wud it give me good performance and sound how its suppose to or would it just b a fart in a wind storm[:'(]

ps. any suggestionz on brands to would b great i kno a lot but havnt seen or heard bout all there performances thanx

Old 05-16-2007, 01:39 AM
Super Moderator

trd is a safe way to go, and they usually just bolt right on without welding.

if you have an i4 there wont be much of a difference except for a more noticible exhaust note that most people like.

if you have a v6, slight gains but you may not feel it. It'll sound nice for sure though.

Exhausts typically only benifit cars that have been modified/upgraded from their stock status, and require less restriction on the exhaust end. for normal cars, getting larger exhausts/pipes may actually hurt the amount of torque an engine puts out.

Old 05-16-2007, 07:06 AM

yea i plan on doin more mods over the year to benefit from the exhaust yea i gota 00 v6 cam (love my car)
i kno the exhaust should just bolt on but can i have 2 diff trd systems welded togetha to make it a dual system?

Old 05-16-2007, 10:41 AM
Super Moderator

yeah...but that's super costly, and they wouldnt put out the good sounds as well anymore.

Old 05-16-2007, 11:41 AM

yea thats what i was wondern because i wan a nice deep sound not lik a hollow can sound guess ill b satisfied with a single exhaust thanx for the info

Old 05-16-2007, 03:18 PM

Hopefully TRD will eventually come out with an exhaust for the '07 V6s. Nothing this year though. The only thing I saw in their catalog at all were springs.

Old 05-17-2007, 01:53 AM

JIC Spartan.

Old 05-17-2007, 01:56 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: mikeynavy1

Hopefully TRD will eventually come out with an exhaust for the '07 V6s. Nothing this year though. The only thing I saw in their catalog at all were springs.
the camry being toyota's current "sports" car will probably come out with an exhaust. I know they have the springs, and rims. I can't wait till we get a supercharger on that 3.5. I think we'd be pushing the physical limits of a FWD car...HOW EXCITING! haha

Old 05-17-2007, 02:14 AM

2GR-FSE. IS350 power plant.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: exhaust help