Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your ride breathe better here.

Which way to go?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 10:52 PM
Default Which way to go?

Okay, Im sure other brands have this, but my Spectre intake cone has the port on the end to attach a flexible pipe, which I would like to do. Forced air sounds a lot better then hot engine air in my book. Im just not sure which way to go about it. I removed the stick cai tube and I think I might be able to fit thru the opening from that to the air dam in the front bumper, but I didnt have the time to take off the tire, and the splash guard, and analyze all that. I was also considering just cutting a 3" hole into the sheetmetal to send the tubing thru to the bumper. That would be a hassle. Which would probably be the best way to go about this? Any other ideas?

Yea I know I wont get any kinda hp increase, but I HATE going stock, and I want something different. Most people stop at the cone.

Old 12-04-2008, 04:09 PM
Default RE: Which way to go?

you might be able to squezze it around the battery

Old 12-05-2008, 12:47 PM
Default RE: Which way to go?

I've tried, it didnt fit even after removing the original pipe. I wanna see if I can remove the lower part of the cai that goes into the fender and work with that space. Its either that or start cutting. I have no problem with that, I just wanna make it look good if I have to cut, meaning I gotta buy the 1/2" drill with the proper cutting bit.. whatever the hell its called.. I'llmaybeupdate on that this weekend, see what I can get done.