New Member Area New to Toyota Camry Forums? Stop in tell us about you.

2010 Toyota Camry Hybrid

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2021, 04:19 PM
Default 2010 Toyota Camry Hybrid

Hello just wanted to see if i could make a simple fix for a couple problems. I don't know more than just basic stuff. My Hybrid wont switch to electric mode. If i do a soft reset the car functions normally but after a few days the "check hybrid system" turns on and my car no longer runs in electric. In addition to that there's a loud typewriter noise when i accelerate and i figured thats because of oil or because the car runs harder without that extra battery power. Both batteries are good they charge and they're recently changed. The check system light came on immediately after i added some coolant. I spilled it over the reservoir tank. So I thought i might've ruined some wiring. I took it to the shop and they cant seem to find the problem and i really dont want to take it to thw dealer.
For the second my AC is hot on the driver side but not anywhere else.
Any Tips would be appreciated or maybe i can get something to find the problem. Any advice is appreciated.

Old 04-19-2021, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by Anthony Corral Jr.
Hello just wanted to see if i could make a simple fix for a couple problems. I don't know more than just basic stuff. My Hybrid wont switch to electric mode. If i do a soft reset the car functions normally but after a few days the "check hybrid system" turns on and my car no longer runs in electric. In addition to that there's a loud typewriter noise when i accelerate and i figured thats because of oil or because the car runs harder without that extra battery power. Both batteries are good they charge and they're recently changed. The check system light came on immediately after i added some coolant. I spilled it over the reservoir tank. So I thought i might've ruined some wiring. I took it to the shop and they cant seem to find the problem and i really dont want to take it to thw dealer.
For the second my AC is hot on the driver side but not anywhere else.
Any Tips would be appreciated or maybe i can get something to find the problem. Any advice is appreciated.
Camry isn't designed to drive on EV mode for long distance ( unlike Prius) particularly if you have a weak battery. As for check engine light , you have to test the ecu to get the code . An odb 2 peice is a very useful tool to check the car yourself.
Blend door actuators are the most common reason for the car air conditioning to blow cold air on one side and hot air on the other. They can be diagnosed with an advanced scan tool. ... If it does not move with the adjustments and commands, there is a problem with the blend door actuator and it will need to be replaced