New Member Area New to Toyota Camry Forums? Stop in tell us about you.

2012 Camry Tire Pressure

Old 03-27-2012, 10:33 PM
Default 2012 Camry Tire Pressure

I just bought a new set of wheels for my 2012 Camry and the tire pressure light keeps flicking on and off when I turn my car on. I know all the tires are at the correct PSI, but I'm not sure how to reset it. Any idea?

Old 03-28-2012, 12:18 AM
Super Moderator

On and off means a problem with the system.

Did whoever put the wheels on also reinstall the air pressure sensors?

Have you checked the pressure in the spare tire?

If the sensors were reinstalled is the new tire pressure for all tires the same as the old tire pressure?

Old 03-28-2012, 07:31 AM

Well I ordered them online and the tires came mounted and balanced on the wheel, so I actually put them on myself. Also, I made a mistake in my thread post, the light doesn't flick on and off, it just stays lit up. I didn't check the spare tire (truthfully never knew it could be a cause) I just assumed that the car didn't recognize the factory wheels and tires and its thinking that the pressure is low because they are 20" inch wheels, unlike the 16" (I think) that came with the car. I drove a 2009 Altima before my Camry and the same thing happened when I had new wheels on that car. The solution was simply resetting the tire pressure.

Old 03-28-2012, 11:19 AM
Super Moderator

The switch is typically behind the glove box, look inside the box for a button. Your owners manual has nothing on this? The link below has info for a 2007 which might work.

Turn off Toyota check tire pressure light - JustAnswer

Make sure all tires including spare are at the same pressure as the old tires. The system was set for the old tire pressure.

Old 03-28-2012, 01:54 PM

do u know if the sensors were put in the new wheels and tires? when i got new ones for my car, i left the sensors out of them and my lights does the same thing. one thing you can try is to get a set of sensors and put them all in the spare tire. that should allow the system to think that ur tires are fine and the light should go off.

Old 09-29-2012, 10:34 PM

Refer to page 368 in your Camry owner's manual. It tells all.

Old 09-30-2012, 06:32 AM

yes, I checked that out...
You'll learn a lot.

Old 09-30-2012, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by Drew221 View Post
Well I ordered them online and the tires came mounted and balanced on the wheel, so I actually put them on myself. Also, I made a mistake in my thread post, the light doesn't flick on and off, it just stays lit up. I didn't check the spare tire (truthfully never knew it could be a cause) I just assumed that the car didn't recognize the factory wheels and tires and its thinking that the pressure is low because they are 20" inch wheels, unlike the 16" (I think) that came with the car. I drove a 2009 Altima before my Camry and the same thing happened when I had new wheels on that car. The solution was simply resetting the tire pressure.
on a toyota every time TPMS are replace ,they need to be re program to the TPMS ECU . the button on the side of the glove box only works if the sensors are learn to the ecu ,the only this thing that button does is tell the ecu here are my new pressures and after holding the button till light flashes and leaving the key on for up to 10 min to allow the ecu to read the new pressures , after doing this the light will come on if pressure drops 6 psi form the pressure set when the button was hold .

when installing aftermarket wheels ,you need to get them with sensors and have your local dealer program them to the ecu , toyota's aren't very friendly with aftermarket tpsm sometimes the ecu can't read them after re program their new id code . some models will support 8 sensor id on the ecu this is a cool feature when swapping rims , ask your dealer if your vehicle support 8 id code for TPMS.

on a NISSAN the id codes are set automatic after driving the vehicle for a wile
,toyota do things a bit different . the rims size will not affect the TPMS system