New Member Area New to Toyota Camry Forums? Stop in tell us about you.

Buying OEM parts online

Old 02-27-2019, 09:00 AM
Default Buying OEM parts online

I've heard that you can buy Toyo OEM parts online for less than what you pay at the dealer. But an internet search shows so many choices and you need to know the correct part number.

Does anyone recommend a particular online OEM parts site? Also, how do I find the right part number when ordering?

For example, I recently found a Toyo OEM engine air filter on Ebay. I thought I ordered the correct part number that the site listed for my 09 Camry but it turned out to be the wrong part number and I returned it. Thanks

Old 02-27-2019, 10:13 AM
Super Moderator

A good number of Toyota dealers now sell genuine Toyota parts online and at a discount to list price. Typically these dealer sites have an online parts catalog.

Inputting the cars make, model, year, engine/trans type or VIN will lead to a selection of area categories to choose from such as engine, trans, brakes, etc. From here find your part. For some parts using the VIN is best as there may be more then one part number available for your cars year. If you can not find the part, call that dealers parts department with VIN handy.

Some Toyota dealers sell parts through Ebay. Sometimes going to the sellers Ebay site can find out what dealer this is.

If buying from Ebay or Amazon note that counterfeit parts can be offered by third party, non-Toyota dealers. This on even the simplest and lower price parts. Parts where one might assume wrongly it would not be worth counterfeiting.

parts.toyotaofdallas.com/

1sttoyotaparts.com

parts.olathetoyota.com/

Old 02-28-2019, 03:49 PM
Default Thanks!

Thanks, I really appreciate the info.

QUOTE=toyomoho;100006]A good number of Toyota dealers now sell genuine Toyota parts online and at a discount to list price. Typically these dealer sites have an online parts catalog.

Inputting the cars make, model, year, engine/trans type or VIN will lead to a selection of area categories to choose from such as engine, trans, brakes, etc. From here find your part. For some parts using the VIN is best as there may be more then one part number available for your cars year. If you can not find the part, call that dealers parts department with VIN handy.

Some Toyota dealers sell parts through Ebay. Sometimes going to the sellers Ebay site can find out what dealer this is.

If buying from Ebay or Amazon note that counterfeit parts can be offered by third party, non-Toyota dealers. This on even the simplest and lower price parts. Parts where one might assume wrongly it would not be worth counterfeiting.

parts.toyotaofdallas.com/

1sttoyotaparts.com

parts.olathetoyota.com/[/QUOTE]