New Member Area New to Toyota Camry Forums? Stop in tell us about you.

Camry 2007

Old 01-15-2012, 02:11 AM
Cool Camry 2007

Hi, I am new member from: Wanted to find out why my HID lights when switched on throws a very bright beam, initially, on the road; immediately, the beams seems to be throttled down by at least 30% intensity . Anyone have this problem ? I suspect Toyota purposely do this in their software/circuit to come within specs for HID light intensity for my country. Specifically, I wish to know whether anyone knows how to "re-tweak" or "set back to original" settings of the full power of the HID lights. Thanks

Old 01-15-2012, 12:34 PM
Super Moderator

Might ask at the Toyotanation website.

Old 01-15-2012, 02:49 PM

i have HID lights in mine and have the same problem. from what i have been told by the aftermarket dealer, the lights turn on at their full power then idle down so as to not burn out quickly. they said it was a way to make them last longer.

Old 01-15-2012, 02:50 PM

welcome to the site by the way!

Old 01-17-2012, 11:01 AM

Thanks, guys. I am grateful for kind forum members to make me feel so welcomed. Savageboost: your aftermarket friend may be right as his reason seems sensible. However, I still think that Toyota is the culprit in this "idling" thingy. Hope someone, maybe?, has another answer? Thanks.

Old 01-20-2012, 07:09 AM
Default Camry 2007: How to take out the plastic fog lamp cover

I am struggling to dismantle the black cover housing my fog lamp located at both sides of my front bumper. I guess one has to unscrew the plastic/fiberglass? cover at the bottom of the car front. This will gain access to the little cavity behind the fog lamp housing. I am sure this may not be necessary at all as I suspect the plastic housing over is a clip-on type. However, I am afraid of breaking something if I were to force it out with a flat-head screw driver. Any of you folks out there can help me ? Thanks.

Old 01-20-2012, 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by Red Eagle View Post
I am struggling to dismantle the black cover housing my fog lamp located at both sides of my front bumper. I guess one has to unscrew the plastic/fiberglass? cover at the bottom of the car front. This will gain access to the little cavity behind the fog lamp housing. I am sure this may not be necessary at all as I suspect the plastic housing over is a clip-on type. However, I am afraid of breaking something if I were to force it out with a flat-head screw driver. Any of you folks out there can help me ? Thanks.
==============================================
Sorry, I pulled the trigger too fast: this has been answered eons ago !!!!

2007 Camry SE Fog Light Bulb Replacement? - Toyota Nation Forum : Toyota Car and Truck Forums

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.