New Member Area New to Toyota Camry Forums? Stop in tell us about you.

Camry gas or Hybrid?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2009, 12:58 PM
Default Camry gas or Hybrid?

Hey everyone. I just joined up to see if someone could give me some advice. I'm looking to getting the camry, but I'm really interested in the hybrid. The thing is I'm worried about it. I've never owned or driven a hybrid before and I was wondering if it really is just like the gas model? Can anyone tell if what the differences are, if there are any at all. Thanks a bunch.

Also, I want to check out the dealer I've been going to to check out cars and do research to see if I should stick with them or start looking for somewhere else. So, does anyone know if http://www.norwalktoyota.com/ outside of LA is any good?

Thanks for the help on both issues.

Old 02-13-2009, 03:12 PM
Super Moderator

I haven't had personal experience either and would highly suggest you try one out if at all possible.
From the reviews i've read, and from my roomate's experience with his parent's 09 hybrid camry, he says you can certainly notice a difference in driving but there's no learning curve. You could learn how to drive more efficiently if you wanted, but of course that's not a requirement.

Old 02-26-2009, 03:44 PM

hello and yeah i driven hybrids camry,ls600,prius,highlander any many others the difference is acceleration when u step on the gas pedal the car takes time to accelerate n u can feel when the engine kicks in then u feel the power when u step on the pedal other than they seem ok i dont own one so i cant tell u how it is on a daily basis