New Member Area New to Toyota Camry Forums? Stop in tell us about you.

Is this considered Dealer bait and switch?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 02:00 AM
Default Is this considered Dealer bait and switch?

Toyota Dealer had full page ad in the newspaper on Saturday. It said ONE DAY ONLY and included 2010 Camry for $16,680 plus plus tax tag title. Ad says features include 17-in. 5-spoke machined alloy wheels with P215/55R17 tires, Multi-function remote keyless entry system with lock, unlock, trunk-release, panic features and illuminated entry and 3-spoke leather-wrapped sport steering wheel and shift lever. Automatic was pasted across the image of the car. They has sent me an email advertising the sale. I replied to email asking, ''does the car in the ad car come with those features'' becuase this car sounded like at LE model. They would not answer or send me a detailed quote by email but asked me to drive there (50 miles one way) or call for details. I called and that is when they told me that the ad represents ''all'' the Camry models. I said then they should of reworded the ad to say starting at $16,680. I went ahead and asked what they wanted and the price jumped up to $21,500 OTD w/alloy wheels, power seat and remote keyless entry system and included tax tag title. But did not include state tax. PS...Very, very tiny print at bottom of ad that dealer is not responsible for typo errors. If this sounds misleading (to say the least) I wonder if Toyota headquarters would feel about Dealers treating customers like this, or is this normal sales tactics? I was told that this was one of the better Toyota dealers on my area