New Member Area New to Toyota Camry Forums? Stop in tell us about you.

Corporate Fleet Vehicles

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 07:40 AM
Default Corporate Fleet Vehicles

Hi all,
I am new to this forum and would appreciate if you guys could give me a good suggestion.
I am planning to buy a 2003 Toyota Camry, 69K Miles, 10K $.
The CarFax says that it is a corporate fleet vehicle (the first owner), drove for almost 30K miles and the it was taken by second owner (private).

Is it OK to take a corporate fleet vehicle, but it is being sold by a authorized toyota dealer

Any suggestions greatly appreciated

thanks
sathish

Old 01-31-2008, 11:48 PM
Default RE: Corporate Fleet Vehicles

being sold by an authorized toyota dealer isn't a factor because they still have no idea how the "corporate" runners used them. I'd pass on it. Corporate cars are usually abused.

Old 02-01-2008, 01:00 PM

I agree with one-to-hate. My brother bought a little car that was used by an insurance company for local driving with about 30K on it. Broke down and turned into a melon after only 10K more miles. The car got regular service, needed a little work (new water pump, alternator) which he took care of along with regular service, and if there's an opposite of a led foot driver, it's my brother. Pretty disappointing for him. Of course this was a Ford and not a Toyota, but still, you don't know what the previous people did and I guarantee numerous people drove it.

Good luck!

Old 02-02-2008, 09:42 PM

Miles are miles. Baby or hard driven miles makes no difference in my opinion. Id have to say its all based on maintence records, they usually can tell you alot about a car. Being a fleet owned car 1st 30k isnt the best deal you could get. I got mine with 40k and 2 yrs old.. Averages to 20k a yr. Now it has 87 k and ive racked up nearly 50k miles in less than a year. I have yet to have any major problems except a rough idle. Ive corrected that with a couple of seafoam treatments and mid grade gas. My car sees 150-250 miles aday with lots of idling. Only oil changes brakes and tires and a new battery so the old one wouldnt leave me stranded. Just one of those what ifs you never wanna have happend to you...

Id look for more towards a 1 owner car. Less miles are better. Make sure it gets a certified approved inspection before you buy it. Most dealers will do this before they sell it to ensure its been looked over and everything is normal. Just make sure it has been done.

So needless to say ive had pretty good luck so far knock on wood...