New Member Area New to Toyota Camry Forums? Stop in tell us about you.

Good afternoon fellow 2012 Toyota Camry SE V6 Owners!

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2012, 07:37 PM
Default Good afternoon fellow 2012 Toyota Camry SE V6 Owners!

Good afternoon fellow 2012 Toyota Camry SE V6 Owners! How many show of hands have bought their Brand New 2012 Camry SE V6 and in just 2 weeks of ownership the engine has an Intermittent Miss on several cylinders and the Dealerships so-called ASE Certified Master Technicians "CANNOT" Diagnose the problem or problems causing the missing on several cylinders. FWIW, it is not Fuel Related Problem as that has already been checked out, but to no avail, they still cannot find the problem or problems causing the problem. I honestly believe it has to be either an Electrical or Fuel Management Problem causing the Intermittent misses in this engine! Today has been 3 days since I took it into my Dealership and I do not have any idea as to when I will get the car back, fixed right, instead of just putting a Band Aid on it and sending me down the road! If they cannot fix the car, I want the Dealership and Toyota to Replace the car with an equivalent one and be done with it. We shall see what happens today and tomorrow, before I get my Attorney involved into the mix and get the Defective Camry SE Replaced! Forget about my getting my trade back, as they already sold that car, however I will accept a replacement Camry SE V6 like the one I just bought and now have serious problems with it. Will keep everyone posted as to what I find out in the next couple of days! Regards, Disappointed Camry SE Customer in South Florida!

Old 01-19-2012, 12:40 AM

sorry about your issues. welcome to the site and i hope someone on here can help ya out.

Old 01-19-2012, 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by savageboost
sorry about your issues. welcome to the site and i hope someone on here can help ya out.
Thank you for you concern, as I have a Complaint in with Toyota and waiting for a Factory Rep to step in and take care of this for me, hopefully! Wil post more as it beomces available.

Old 01-19-2012, 09:40 AM
Super Moderator

Is the engine actually missing? Does the check engine light come on?

Suggest letting Toyota corp and the dealer have their best shot even if frustrating. Once you start with a lawyer neither will be cooperative any more.

Check if you state has binding arbitration (dealer only) for resolution of unsuccessful warranty repairs.

Also check at the Toyotanation website for any issues like yours on the 2012.

Old 01-19-2012, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by toyomoho
Is the engine actually missing? Does the check engine light come on?

Suggest letting Toyota corp and the dealer have their best shot even if frustrating. Once you start with a lawyer neither will be cooperative any more.

Check if you state has binding arbitration (dealer only) for resolution of unsuccessful warranty repairs.

Also check at the Toyotanation website for any issues like yours on the 2012.
I have been very patient with not only the dealership but also with Toyota Corporation sending their Factory Field Representative to find out what is causing the problem with multiple cylinders misfiring and the Check Engine light blinking constantly, as well as the Traction Control light staying on steadily! Going through day 4 and dealership has not called me yet with the prognosis, as I told Toyota Corp that if they cannot fix the problem, then Replace the car, as it is only 2 weeks old and this is not satisfactory by any means! I Opt for them to Replace the car, as I surely Do Not want them to put a Band-Aid on it and it happens again! Will post more as soon as they contact me, as the contacting an Attorney is on Tempoarary hold for now!

Last edited by wyd_trkr; 01-19-2012 at 10:42 AM.