New Member Area New to Toyota Camry Forums? Stop in tell us about you.

Hello everyone

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 03:14 AM
Default Hello everyone

I'm a Camry owner now.

I've had my 2008 Camry XLE for almost 2 weeks now. Has just about everything option wise including the DVD Navigation. Only mod done so far is replacing the XLE grill with the SE grill (idiot parts guy at Longo Toyota said it wouldn't fit, what a putz!)

Next item on the list is new tires/wheels. Will post pics after they're installed tomorrow.

Old 10-27-2007, 08:06 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Hello everyone

Welcome.
Thats great, cant wait to see what kind of style rims you got for your car.

Old 10-31-2007, 06:08 PM

Here we go: I went conservative, 17" rims, 235-50-17 Goodyear ResponsEdges.

SE Grill transplant

Click here!

Side

Click here!

Close Up

Click here!

What do you guys think?

Old 10-31-2007, 08:43 PM

ORIGINAL: goobee

I'm a Camry owner now.

I've had my 2008 Camry XLE for almost 2 weeks now. Has just about everything option wise including the DVD Navigation. Only mod done so far is replacing the XLE grill with the SE grill (idiot parts guy at Longo Toyota said it wouldn't fit, what a putz!)

Next item on the list is new tires/wheels. Will post pics after they're installed tomorrow.
Did you show the parts guy how well the SE did'nt fit?

Old 10-31-2007, 11:19 PM

welcome and nice ride.. like how the rims/tires flow with the car... now it need some tints.

Old 11-01-2007, 12:56 AM

PICS FIXED!

- umm its looking good overall; but im not diggin' the wheels entirely but that's my opinion.
I'm thinking you can go up to 18 w/a 50 profile. -

Old 11-01-2007, 03:49 PM
Super Moderator

im lovin the grille. u gonna get some tint for it?

Old 11-03-2007, 05:44 PM

I considered 18" wheels but I prefer ride quality over appearance, hence my decision to go with 17's.

I'm currently having a bit of balancing problems with the tires and wheels. After 3 balances, the ride still isn't smooth. Hub rings helped a little but the vibrations persist. They're letting me swap out the current tire/wheels with another package:

MB Wheels "Boost"

Yokohama YK520 225-50-17

Click Here!

The Goodyear ResponsEdges are loud, hopefully with these tires being a tad bit narrower, they'll be quieter. The "Boost" wheels are in gun metal grey which should look pretty nice against my metallic grey paint.

I'm definitely going for a tint job, I need to find a good tint place first. On my last car, I used a place called "The Tint Shop" in Rosemead, CA that I will never go back to. Completely unprofessional, they didn't use drop cloths and trampled my brand new car's carpet and mats. Anybody have some recommendations?

Old 11-03-2007, 08:26 PM

ORIGINAL: goobee

I considered 18" wheels but I prefer ride quality over appearance, hence my decision to go with 17's.

I'm currently having a bit of balancing problems with the tires and wheels. After 3 balances, the ride still isn't smooth. Hub rings helped a little but the vibrations persist. They're letting me swap out the current tire/wheels with another package:

MB Wheels "Boost"

Yokohama YK520 225-50-17

Click Here!

The Goodyear ResponsEdges are loud, hopefully with these tires being a tad bit narrower, they'll be quieter. The "Boost" wheels are in gun metal grey which should look pretty nice against my metallic grey paint.

I'm definitely going for a tint job, I need to find a good tint place first. On my last car, I used a place called "The Tint Shop" in Rosemead, CA that I will never go back to. Completely unprofessional, they didn't use drop cloths and trampled my brand new car's carpet and mats. Anybody have some recommendations?
Those rims look alot better Gun metal does look great on Mag grey, Check my sig.[sm=smiley16.gif]

Old 11-03-2007, 08:51 PM

Thanks akira. Your car gives me a good reference to how the new rims will look. [sm=smiley20.gif]

Quick Reply: Hello everyone