New Member Area New to Toyota Camry Forums? Stop in tell us about you.

Hello everyone

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 05:58 PM
Default RE: Hello everyone

Did the change a couple days ago. Rides better, I no longer see the steering wheel vibrating. I stayed with the Goodyear ResponsEdge but went down to a narrower tire. The narrower tire seems to not follow the grooves in the road as much. Everything fits into the wheel wells better, the new wheels are 38 offset while the previous were 40.

Old 11-18-2007, 10:51 PM

Added a bumper applique today. Not too difficult to install, some dish detergent + water and a squeegie is all you need. You don't need a spray bottle either, a sponge will work fine to wet the bumper surface. I tried to take a pic but it was barely discernable so I'm not bothering to post it.

Old 11-25-2007, 07:44 PM

Latest mods with mixed results - headlamps and clear bra.

Changed out the "H11" headlamps to "H9". Simple Osram bulbs, none of those fake HID (ie: xenon) bulbs for me. The output is significant, (1350 lumens from the H11 vs. 2100 from the H9) it really lights up the road without blinding on-coming drivers.

I've only had the car for over a month and the front bumper is really getting nicked up from road debris and stones. I ordered a clear bra kit off ebay and tried installing it this past weekend. You need a bit of patience to install the pieces. No matter how hard I tried, I was unable to stretch and mold the plastic around the curved parts smoothly. The instructions call for a heat gun to heat up the plastic to help it stretch. I used the gun a bit but I felt uncomfortable using a device I normally use to strip paint on my bumper. In the end, I left it wrinkled and crinkled and will probably buy a Colgan bra instead.