New Member Area New to Toyota Camry Forums? Stop in tell us about you.

Hello, Welcome me, IM NEW!

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2010, 09:56 PM
Default Hello, Welcome me, IM NEW!

Hello, Just bought a new 2010 Camry SE with 3.5L V6, 268 HP!. My Wife and I were looking to buy a new family car and I feel like we bought a sportscar!. Well, is this car fast? or has it been to long since I have drove a fast car? We got a really good deal for $20,000 flat, it had 9 thousand miles on it, thats nothing!. Thats pretty much as new as I get em.

I find my self red light racing a lot lately, and I win most of the time, when its safe that is. The other day a Porsche rolled up next to me and the guy looked over at me and I knew it was on. I turned the traction control off (I have noticed I can burn out with that off) and got my slap shifter down to first gear. He left me, but not as bad as I thought he was going to. Maybe the guy didnt know how to drive but I was right behind him for a while until I slowed down.

I just dont understand why anybody would put up the money for a Lexus. This car has everything but navigation... Everything! the sport leather is sweet and I am loving the bluetooth phone in my radio, its magical!

I have seen some aftermarket navigation/DVD's made specifically for the Camry. Does anybody have any advice for me on that one? there are a few, which one should we buy?

Also, how can I get more horsepower!? I know getting a K&N air filter will add a couple.

What is a cheap way to add some horsepower without making my car really loud? I cant stand the bumblebee cars.

I never thought I would see a Camry that has 268 HP. I used to make fun of these cars!

I havent uploaded any pics of it yet, but I found this on google images, this is it. Also. There is still a Camry just like mine left on the car lot, Price on it is 20. If anybody is looking for one. It has 18 thousand miles. Just saw it the other day when I went to pick up my floor mats. No im not a car salesman, just figured I would mention it because I personally think thats a good deal. Its a wholesale place.

Old 06-17-2010, 12:23 PM

Hey! welcome aboard. I sometimes race too, what a rush.

Old 06-18-2010, 04:40 AM

Welcome to the forum and congrats for the new purchase.The car looks very beautiful.enjoy your stay.