New Member Area New to Toyota Camry Forums? Stop in tell us about you.

Hey im new here too

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 11:17 PM
Smile Hey im new here too

this is my 1st car, a '92 Camry 4-banger, bone stock ed (no accesories no a/c, etc) it was given to me by my aunt.

at 1st I though like most, "its a camry" by being a manual (stick shift) small sedan its old, has 222,700 miles i've already fixed & replaced a few things its a pretty fun car for a 1st.

I'd like to know whats natural for this car as I know little about it as well as what are some effective mods that i can put in or change on a VERY low budget. What parts can i take from what cars at a junkyard to improve my car. I m not looking for BIG power just a bit of "fun" torque and just a general improvement... I wanted a challenge, looks like I got 1 .

My biggest aftermarket mods will be: brakes(EBC rotors and pads), suspension (something fully adjustable from ebay- good companies only), ACT HD street clutch, and I already have Falken Sincera tires(on stock rims sofar) great tires for a great price.-- delibrately comfortable with tire pressures of 40F 38R.

----im free to take any advice you pros have to offer----

Old 03-10-2009, 11:18 AM
Super Moderator

The 4 cylinder is not known for being able to achieve real HP gains without spending a lot of money.

If junk yard cruising the V6 option car had rear disk brakes that could be transfered. The SE model a firmer suspension and quicker steering ratio.

I suggest you pop over to the Toyotanation website and review past posts. Members have done just about everything to the Camry and know what works.

You might think about keeping the car looking stock so you don't attract the attention of law enforcement wanting to write tickets.

Old 03-11-2009, 03:35 AM

Its a Camry, Not a m5 sedan sports car...Lets not forget this ole betsy of yours has 220k. So hot rodding it probably isnt the best idea. Just some friendly advice.

Id save some money for problem areas. Or perhaps you could buy a decent sound system some window tint maybe a paint job....make the free car last , this isnt exactly the best economy..

Old 03-16-2009, 05:54 PM
Talking

-> thanks alot toyomoho, go to a yard and find a yonger v6 & get coilovers from a SE, thats what I was looking for.

i'll search TN for brake converts.

--any Ideas for a California legal HID retrofit?--

Old 03-17-2009, 06:17 PM
Super Moderator

Try Toyotanation with your brake conversion questions and HID situation. Do a site search first as the brake question has been answered many times at the site.

You can swap out the rear drums for the optional V6 disks, a bolt on job. Don't forget to change the proportioning valve.

Changing out the front "rubber" brake line hoses for stainless (a wired hydraulic hose) will help firm up spongy brake pedal travel.