New Member Area New to Toyota Camry Forums? Stop in tell us about you.

Hi from Brazil

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2013, 03:02 PM
Default 1995 XLE V6 - Hi from Brazil

Hi to everybody....

My name is Fabiano, 33 years, married, two kids and bought 8 months ago an 1995 Toyota Camry V6 XLE.
I get this car with some trobles like missing water from cooling system, the car is now rebuild the engine to see what happens and they figure out that the problem is the head with some cracks.

Cilinder head will be repair and all gaskets changed, piston rings and rod bearings replaced too, to finish the service, new oil for the gearbox.

Studing the car on the net, see that he have problems with heat and must pay attention to temperature, to minimize this incoveniant, will install a watchdog system selled on ebay....

The car is with 130K kilometers, around 81K miles, Im second owner and the last dont give him nice days.

Some pictures from my car:

Name:  rNAfJTM.jpg
Views: 4
Size:  250.0 KB

Name:  7nMCyhE.jpg
Views: 3
Size:  267.6 KB

Name:  uX38wPa.jpg
Size:  238.0 KB

Name:  OuzJYhn.jpg
Size:  238.2 KB

Name:  xr8ScRR.jpg
Size:  238.3 KB

Name:  CBGux3N.jpg
Size:  242.3 KB

Name:  Q2aHOvE.jpg
Size:  254.9 KB

Name:  V1dJjNd.jpg
Size:  445.3 KB

Name:  oXywjdf.jpg
Size:  233.4 KB

Name:  XeN72.jpg
Size:  521.9 KB

Name:  3gk5A.jpg
Size:  454.8 KB

Name:  Rsa1asp.jpg
Size:  259.6 KB

Name:  9wOPD5Y.jpg
Views: 5
Size:  202.6 KB

Name:  ZoUhT.jpg
Size:  396.5 KB

Name:  on9uz.jpg
Size:  358.0 KB

Name:  jcLAS.jpg
Size:  398.8 KB

Name:  kS6VU.jpg
Views: 5
Size:  394.6 KB

Name:  byiPf.jpg
Size:  519.6 KB

Name:  u5VVZ.jpg
Size:  383.0 KB

Name:  0SCur.jpg
Size:  408.6 KB

I spend out around 1.500 dollars to this moment in little repairs, to rebuild the engine, more 2.500 dollars will be payed.

I appreciate this forum, is very hard found a good place to discuss about Camrys, like new part for Camrys in Brazil, I must import some support from USA and wiring connector.

Thanks and sorry about some mistakes in my english...

Last edited by Fabiano Klug; 06-30-2013 at 03:12 PM.
Old 06-30-2013, 06:04 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to CF!

Good pics, the car looks in great shape for a 95.

What engine does the car have, 1MZ-FE or 3VZ-FE?

Old 06-30-2013, 06:21 PM

Its an 1MZ-FE, and yes, I feel the same about the car, its incredible how can a car so old havent any noise in his interior.

So far he returns from repair, and rain stops here, I will wash him and take some special pictures.

I bought some stuff from Rockauto and ebay, any other autocenter who ship international?

Old 06-30-2013, 06:39 PM
Super Moderator

Might ask on who ships overseas at the Toyotanation website, more members, more comments. Rockauto is great for parts, prices and service. When ordering parts from them do a website search first for current 5% off discount codes.

The 1MZ-FE is a great engine. Cracked heads are not normal, blown heads happen if overheated, keep the temp gauge out of the red at all costs.

The 95's are great cars, built extremely well and very long lasting if kept up.

Old 06-30-2013, 06:59 PM

An alloy engine I guess have less probability of overheat against the 3VZ-FE or any other totally maded in iron, in this case the old owner maybe cause this problem relaxing in preventive maintenance....

Anyway, we can say I am recovering the car to standard again, the last problem with him was the alternator, I dont know why they change the original alternator with an VW Golf one, it crack the support and gives me some trobles, but now I find and used and original to replace, the only dificult was the under support, so I must import an used from USA and the Alternator Wiring conncetor to rebuild it all in standard measurse.

It can take the time it need, I really love this car, and thanks for the types about Rockauto.

Im continuos looking for the exacly protocol used on my Camry, I dont get yet any accurate information about.