New Member Area New to Toyota Camry Forums? Stop in tell us about you.

Hi from Florida just got a camry

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2015, 01:57 PM
Smile Hi from Florida just got a camry

Hello, I recently signed on an 05 Camry, 110k miles. It was in a rear-end collision previously. So the paint is fresh, wheels new and aligned, new belt. Extensive carfax details. The dealership was very nice about disclosing everything and we managed to knock the price down $3k as well for a total of $7.6k. Those pesky dealer extras tried to get us to pay ~$10k

So far I'm really loving the car only been driving it for 2 days. It's really smooth on the roads, can be peppy but at a complete stop is slow to go unless you ease it into 2nd. I'm wondering what prep list I can go over to make sure I'm on top of Maintenance. I see there's an issue with transmissions for some people hopefully I won't have that issue for another 40k miles :P

bit about myself
I recently moved to Florida from Arkansas. Having a sunroof with this weather is great!
Came here for a new job. Everythings going good so far.

Old 02-17-2015, 06:46 AM

Hi maja welcome to the forum and congrats for buying 2005 camry...........

Old 02-17-2015, 07:00 PM

Thanks Parker I'm hoping to do some traveling soon.

Old 02-17-2015, 09:01 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to Cf.

If the trans fluid was never changed, change all of it.

Old 02-18-2015, 12:29 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forums.
I would also have the spark plugs, air filter, PCV valve checked.

Old 02-18-2015, 12:36 PM

Ok thanks guys, Will definitely look into that.

I've only had it ~3 days and as I was heading home last night the check engine light is on. It was raining last night so, not the best thing to see but I'm not sure what it could mean. The trac off light is on now as well which wasn't before, and I didn't turn it off. I guess it changes between VSC and trac.

I'll go over the history and see when the last time it was serviced. As well as when they checked or changed the transmission fluid.

Old 02-18-2015, 10:44 PM
Super Moderator

If check light is on, VSC/TRAC light can come on (system turns off). This is a programmed function.

Get any trouble codes read. If the check light issue is resolved, the other lights should go off.

Old 02-22-2015, 09:57 AM

Welcome

Old 02-24-2015, 03:10 AM
Former Sponsor

Majache, hello and welcome to the forum! Glad to have you here. This site is a tremendous resource due to the members, hope you stick around and find it useful. Feel free to reach out if you ever needed anything and make sure to post some pictures of your ride, when you have a chance.

Old 02-25-2015, 08:52 AM

Well the check engine light went off, as well as TRAC and VSC... weird. I'll get it checked and change transmission fluid asap, I shouldn't feel it go into neutral that well, everytime I let off the gas. Or when I gas it into 3rd, it gets caught up sometimes. It's probably just been sitting for awhile, still drives smoother than an 02 jag,(my only other experienced comparison).

pic as requested:

Name:  Qs11lex.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  1.12 MB

Quick Reply: Hi from Florida just got a camry