New Member Area New to Toyota Camry Forums? Stop in tell us about you.

Hola all you crazy Camry folks

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 05:15 AM
Default Hola all you crazy Camry folks

Hey there! My name is Amir Cheema.

Well I start off with me. Um I a current college student here in nebraska. I have lots of experience in Honda engines (rebuilt, turbo'ed, transmission converted my prelude as well as many other civics and integras)

I recently came into a 1997 Camry Le V6 with what I can only figure to be a 3.0L. I like the car a whole bunch (even for the fact its auto)

I've tried racing my roommates 1995 Saab 9000cs Turbo many times and I can always kill him off the line and 1st & 2nd gear rolls but the auto 3rd kills me.
Heres a taste
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlDpuLZWLak

Well I just wanted to join and say hey.

I'm planning to probably try the INJEN intake seeing as how its the only option. Either that or buy a ebay rip off, customize it for (what I think) is the air flow sensor, then top it off with a K&N. As for headers I dont know any company that makes them so that might be a custom thing. Im having a shop fab me up a 2.75" exhaust (crush bent to keep down costs) But I dont know what muffler to top it off with

I'm also looking at installing a magnetic kill switch, push button start, and remote starter. If anyone can point me in the directions of wiring diagrams that would be awesome!

As for suspension whats the best lower spring out there? Are there any coilover options? And what is the best shock/strut?

Well thanks all and i hope to contribute and learn a lot from these boards