New Member Area New to Toyota Camry Forums? Stop in tell us about you.
Old 08-26-2015, 01:51 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Exterior
Print Wikipost

New Camry owner and forum member from Mass!

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2015, 07:14 PM
Default New Camry owner and forum member from Mass!

Hello everyone,

I'm a proud owner of a 2015 Superwhite Toyota Camry SE.

I've had it a week so far and really love the car and the redesign.

Glad to be here and posted a few pics (terrible ones) I took while buying the car, and will post more of it fully detailed, tinted and powder coated!

Future plans for the car:
Change rims to a polished black
Powder coat calipers purple
Change interior lighting to LEDs
Change headlights to LEDs
Install purple led interior accent lighting
Detail engine bay wires etc
Tint windows to legal maximum
Cold air intake

Old 05-13-2015, 10:42 PM
Super Moderator

Congrats on your new car. Welcome to CF.

Old 05-14-2015, 03:10 AM
Former Sponsor

Hello and welcome to the forum! Glad to have you join us. Congrats on your purchase, I'm sure you won't regret it and will have a lot of fun. May it provide unlimited fun and unhampered travel across all terrains for as long as you two are together.

Old 05-14-2015, 11:15 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forums!
Deflategate is a bunch of crap!

Old 05-19-2015, 07:21 AM

Congrats on buying 2015 toyota camry and very warm welcome to the forum....

Old 05-23-2015, 09:39 PM

Sweet choice! Welcome to the forum...

Old 06-04-2015, 01:40 AM

Hey all,
I also have a new 2015 Camry Xse (Ruby Red with the glossy black honeycomb grill). Although I don't know anything about cars, but I planning some mods soon and I don't want to make any major mistakes so I am seeking your opinion guys.

Future Plans:
-Tint
-HID headlights (should I get LED lights instead like the OP so that it matches the stock fog led lights?) remember I know nothing about cars maybe HID will match the LED, idk.
-Inside Lights (Led and cabin lights(whatever that means))
-Reverse LED/HID?
-Fogged out brake lights (not too dark)
-Sub&Amp (just something for me to play with when I bored, but nothing ridiculous)
-Red cased or colored calipers? (which is better)
-The stock wheels are already great! so maybe I will lower the car, and get thinner low-profile tires?

What do you guys think about this before I make a huge mistake: Okay so I went to a car electronics shop in Dallas, TX and the manager there told me that he would put in one 12" sub & amp (both PowerBass), tint(i don't know what grade), hid headlights(don't know the brand), throw in led inside lights as bonus (don't know the brand), and installation all for $450. I told a college buddy who is a car enthusiast about it and he said I shouldn't put PowerBass! in my car he recommended Rockford Fosgate, and he said "$50 HID kits are garbage and that the ones that start from $100 have more quality" So I feel like my buddy is more into premium stuff, and I am ready to go with the guy from Dallas but what do you guys think? Is it too good to be true, should I stay away and go for a more premium selection or is the $450 a good choice as it will serve its purpose?
I appreciate your feedback thank you.

Last edited by Sean's Camry; 06-04-2015 at 12:26 PM.
Old 06-04-2015, 12:04 PM
Super Moderator

Congrats on your new car!

$450 seems a good price but my two cents is keep the car for a time then check out all items you want in detail, because:

The dealer needs to make a profit of say 100% so parts and labor might equal $225. What can you get for that?

As you friend stated $50 HID kits do have issues, this being flicker which is a BIG complaint. Get a decent HID which means spending more $$. You can research this at car sites as HID installation and complaints are common.

You can switch all your lights yourself as LED are readily available at auto parts stores and department stores or can get them cheaper mail order.

Check with your state as they may have restrictions on maximum tint that can be used. This is best left to an experienced shop. Ride in your friends cars having tinted windows as not all tints are the same.

Might wait until the tires are worn as you will get little $$ in trade in.

Search sites such as Crutchfield and Amazon for reviews on stereo products you are interested in.

Check out the car shop in Dallas on Yelp for reviews.

I know you want to jazz up your new car ASAP but you just committed to a large expense in buying it. It does no good to install products that don't meet your needs or don't work well. As with the HID, you already learned cheap systems can mean problems.

Take some time to explore, talk with your friends, see their cars and what they have done. Listen to their stereos and perhaps learn from their mistakes. Then in a few months can make a decision based on more knowledge which still could be the $450 deal if you want.

Old 06-04-2015, 12:30 PM

Thank "toyohomo" I really appreciate your advise. Although I probably wouldn't wait that long like you said I want to get all those things ASAP , but I am going to do more research and not go for the cheaper options so they don't cause me any problems.
Any one else have a take on the matter?

Old 06-04-2015, 11:36 PM
Super Moderator

Congrats on the new Camry!
If you go HID, be sure to cover the 'squirrel spotters' so as not blind other drivers. And like Joey said, spend the money on a quality kit.
I would not get the brake caliper covers, I would paint them. I just don't have a lot of confidence in something clipping onto such a vital part of the car. If you do paint them, please try to clean them when they start getting dusty. Ok, maybe that is just a pet peeve of mine when I see it.
That guy is offering a pretty good deal for $450. I tend to gamble on lower priced items expecting them to fail and sometimes they do, but not always. I would get in writing the warranty/guarantee from this guy before agreeing to any kind of work being done on your new car.

Quick Reply: New Camry owner and forum member from Mass!