New Member Area New to Toyota Camry Forums? Stop in tell us about you.

NEW HERE......

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2007, 09:50 AM
Default NEW HERE......

Hello everyone, my name is Sarah. I have owned a camry once before ('04 model) but traded outta it quickly when I found out after I'd bought it that it'd been wrecked. So now my husband is going to buy a camry. The SE model, it's 25,000, but, with his TMMK discount he won't actually be paying 25,000. I can't tell you how much it'll be cause that's confidential. But, I want the LE for myself as well. Just the base model one, nothing fancy, and he can get a discount on one for me as well. Right now I drive an Impala and hate it. He's on the fence at this point about getting co-signing for me to get the car. He's afraid buying two cars at once will really lower his chances of getting a house in a couple of years. Which is rediculous considering it's a couple of years down the road, the cars will be paid down, and we'll both be making more money. He just started at Toyota, making camrys, so he hasn't maxed out yet. He gets a dollar raise every 6 months until he maxes out. So in two years he'll be making about 4 more dollars on the hour. Also I will be graduating with my bachelors degree in Information Systems at around that time as well. I already have an associates degree so I make alright money. The dilemma is that I need to come up with at least 6 good reasons to trade the Impala and get the camry. 1.) is that the payment will be about 20 dollars cheaper. 2.) is that the camry is much better looking than the impala (but this reason doesn't impress him much). So if anyone has anymore reasons I can give him to get the LE, please let me know.

Old 12-20-2007, 11:21 AM
Default RE: NEW HERE......

3) longevity - toyota knows how to make a good car. my father's 87 had about 225k on it, original engine, original5spd (i kid you not) was running strong until it was totaled (lady ran a red light, hit it at about 50mph), my 03 has just over 80k on it, driven VERY hard, and still doing fine. my mother's 06 has been in a few minor accidents (16 yr old sister driving...nuff said) but otherwise doing fine with its 40k.
4) Fuel economy - 07's/08's get 30+ mpg I4 and 29 V6 (i believe)

Old 12-25-2007, 03:01 AM
Super Moderator

I totally agree with 03Fooshii.[sm=exactly.gif]

your new camry will literally last you FOREVER if you take care of it of course.

and it gets pretty great gas mileage, considering how much the price of gas is as of late.

Those 2 are very important reasons.
[sm=signs003.gif]

Old 12-28-2007, 02:26 AM

Have you looked at the Base/CE? In 2007 it was the CE and i guess for 08 they changed it to Base...has everything the LE does except keyless entry and power seat. The San Diego dealers are advertising the CE with auto for $16,700 or $16,900 somethin like that....plus since i drive the car in AZ and theres not many CE's on the road, i just tell everyone its the California Edition that asks what the difference is...i just didnt see the sense in paying $1000 more for keyless entry and power seat, i added the basic Viper system with alarm and keyless entry for $230 installed at Best Buy

Old 12-28-2007, 01:18 PM

It sounds like you had some bad luck with the previous used car you bought. Personally, I would try to put that behind me and would buy a used car again if you really can't stick with the Impala. I'm not trying to be judgmental but buying a new car when you don't own a house yet is generally a poor decision. You are going to lose money no matter how you look at it if you get rid of a (presumably) reliable car.

How about this: Have your husband buy the new Camry and give it to you. Then give him your Impala. If he's serious about buying a house that would be the most sensible decision (except it would be even more sensible for him to buy a used Camry instead).

Old 12-29-2007, 12:53 AM

Welcome to the forums, Enjoy!

Old 01-03-2008, 10:07 AM

YAY!!! I just got my new Camry SE last night. My husband ended up going with an IS 250 AWD instead of the Camry SE, so, I got the Camry SE for myself. To some people buying cars before buying a house doesn't make sense, but, we're young. We rent a nice town home in an exclusive part of town and we don't plan to have kids for a very, very, very long time. Buying used wasn't an option because of the negative equity situation on the impala. Plus the amount of discount he got for being TMMK wouldn't have been worth it to buy a used camry since the new one was the same price as a used one. Anyways thanks for all of your help.

Old 01-03-2008, 11:08 AM

Congrats may it live long and drink little

Old 01-03-2008, 11:33 AM

I can already tell it drinks very little. My hubby got taken on his Lexus deal though, so, it kinda isa bitter sweet end to getting two new cars. Last night when at the toyota dealership we were told that the rates for TMMK members were considerably lower than what Lexus said they were. So today I drove my car all the way to Nicholasville which is about 20 minutes from Lexington and I told the Business manager that we knew what he'd done to make money off of us by telling my husband Toyota's rates were going to be so high and Chase had better rates than Toyota financial. And the guy actually admitted to doing it and even went as far as to say that he does this sorta thing often to TMMK members because he doesn't think that they deserve such a big discount on Lexus vehicles anyways, and, he said he'd rather not do business with TMMK members. So if anyone happens to be in the market for a Lexus don't look to Lexus of Lexington for a deal cause they rip off everyone, including Toyota employees.

Old 01-05-2008, 01:35 PM

Wow! What a chode that guy is! Maybe someone should inform him that Toyota/Lexus is the same company, it's only different here in the states. In Japan, there is no Toyota/Lexus, they simply get more expensive the more you want, but it's all called Toyota. Reason being, in europe there are tons of buses and taxi's that are Mercedes but not here because the rich yuppy who bought their Mercedes feels it would be insulting for the common person using public transport to be in a Mercedes Bus. So yeah, he's a douche.

Quick Reply: NEW HERE......