New Member Area New to Toyota Camry Forums? Stop in tell us about you.

New here - White smoke in exhaust

Old 05-27-2012, 03:40 PM
Question New here - White smoke in exhaust

Hey, so I'm very un-educated when it comes to engines... I have white smoke coming out of my exhaust. A couple months ago I changed my oil and must not have tightened the oil cap on the top of the engine enough, because after a few days of driving, my oil light came on, and I popped my hood to see the cap had fallen down in the engine and my oil had splashed about. I changed it again, CORRECTLY this time, but ever since then I would get white smoke (which has gotten progressively worse over the course of a few months) in my exhaust, and my engine didn't perform like it did before. Recently I had my spark plugs, spark plug lines, and seals changed out (a friend suggested the seals might be bad) and that definitely seemed to help, but I still have white smoke and my engine is still not performing like it used too.

I have a 1995 4 cylinder Toyota Camry LE.

It has never gotten hot, it leaks oil, the anti-freeze has always stayed full every time I have checked it in the last 6 months, and ummm... I guess thats all the information I can give on my problem.

I love my Camry, but more than that I NEED it to get to work. I've been doing research online and cant seem to get a definite idea of the problem so I figured I'd post on here and see if yall can help.

thanks in advanced.

Old 05-27-2012, 10:13 PM

It's hard to find online, I'm pretty sure some people here can answer your question but with that white smoke I think it's not too serious.