New Member Area New to Toyota Camry Forums? Stop in tell us about you.

New Member from Colorado

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2014, 03:13 PM
Cool New Member from Colorado

First off my name is Robert from colorado and i am the Happy new owner of a 2008 Camry LE v6 with a 6speed. I love this car and i love rolling smoke in it when the wife isnt in the car with me. I was wondering whats out there for good upgrades that arnt to goddy or stupid. Im a realistic person and im not the only one that with have to drive my car but still dont want to be the same as everyone else i see drive this car. Let me know your guys thoughts.

Old 04-18-2014, 03:19 PM
Old 04-18-2014, 10:47 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum! Very sharp looking Camry! How do you like that 6 speed? Nice pics too. So, I guess the question is what are you looking for with your Camry? Looks? Power? Both? I personally like the looks of the Camry and would prefer the 'Sleeper' look. The V6 is pretty quick and sometimes I think that I should have gone that route because MPG's are pretty close, but exhaust is something to look into. Don't expect lightning speed or anything from it though. I would pass on an SRI/CAI system unless you just want the aggressive sound. Power gains from intakes are minimal and sometimes at a loss.
Again, welcome to the forum!

Old 04-19-2014, 11:06 AM

I really do love the 6 speed. I get almost 30 MPG's on the highway. As far as looks a really don't care I think the car looks good as it is. But I sedentary want to hear that 3.5l screaming. At full throttle it's to quite. Do you know if any on make a power tuner for it?

Old 04-19-2014, 11:06 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome to CF. Great looking car!

As Patonium inquired what are you looking for, the other question is how much money do you want to spend?

Old 04-19-2014, 11:07 AM

I meant to say really want to hear the 3.5l. Stupid auto correct.

Old 04-19-2014, 11:30 PM
Super Moderator

I don't think a power tuner is going to do much for you. These cars have pretty advanced computers that change and adjust for optimal performance. Unless you make some serious mods, a tuner is kind of a waste. For diesels, they work great but not so much for our cars.

Old 04-21-2014, 03:14 PM

Ok. What about exhaust. I looked at it under the car and it looks really simple. It's right form the rear axle back. Is there any exhaust out there thats cheap or fairly priced.

Old 04-22-2014, 02:06 AM
Super Moderator

Cheap? Probably not if you want something somewhat nice that doesn't sound like a fart can. There are some nice set ups out there though. Name brands for the V6 seem to be around $500-600. You can always visit an exhaust shop and see what they can do.

Old 04-22-2014, 09:04 AM

500-600 isn't bad.

Quick Reply: New Member from Colorado