New Member Area New to Toyota Camry Forums? Stop in tell us about you.

New Member.. trunk rattles

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2007, 04:18 PM
Default New Member.. trunk rattles

Hey, I'm also a proud owner of a Camry. I have a 1995 Toyota Camry V6 LE. Stock accepet for the sound system upgrades.

I've installed a system in my car and the spoiler on the trunk rattles. Beside using Dyomat, is there anything else i could do? Also my bumper viberats too. Any suggesution would help.
Thanks!

Old 05-20-2007, 04:53 PM
Default RE: New Member.. trunk rattles

the rattle is likely comming from the mounting points of the spoiler and not the spoiler itself.. so you might have to change those bolts that hold it down because overtime- all that bass comming from your system will knock ur entire trunk area loose. I suggest tightening loose bolts and for the bumper- are all the clips there?- if its not all there.. then grab some clips and fill those in.

Old 05-20-2007, 05:23 PM

I'm pretty sure its not coming from the bolt, because if you look at it, the whole spoiler is viberating. I hold down the spoiler and it stops. The bumper, that I'm not sure cause the weird thing is the driver side viberats only. The passenger side to be stationary. The trunk latch seem to be tight. Not really any visble movement is on the trunk itself accept for the bumper and spoiler.

Old 05-20-2007, 07:08 PM

I have that problem on my -02 camry from the spoiler rattle.. . and what i did was changed my system. LOL. from 2-10's in a ported box to a single 12" pushed ALL THE WAY to the far side of the trunk. helped pretty good.

Old 05-20-2007, 08:44 PM

Yeah I'm changing my system too. Well its more like and upgrade. I have 2-15s in a seal box right now but I'm going to drop those and get 2-12s in a ported box. So no matter what, I
'll be dynomating my trunk. =D

Old 05-21-2007, 02:13 AM

mmm ... i suggest that u open the spoilers & put a sponge line between them & the body of the car then bolt them .. that will reduce the annoing noise alot

Old 05-21-2007, 08:18 AM
Super Moderator

The easiest way to do this is to put rubber washer on the nut and bolt side of the spoiler mounting points. Sort of like the ones you would find in a faucet.

Old 05-21-2007, 09:44 AM

camry313, are you sure i could open the spoiler? but i'll check.

lavalleemike, i'll give that shot.

Thanks for allthe tips!

Old 05-22-2007, 02:28 AM

ORIGINAL: lavalleemike

The easiest way to do this is to put rubber washer on the nut and bolt side of the spoiler mounting points. Sort of like the ones you would find in a faucet.
This is a good idea too but it might make a small space between the car body & the spoiler ... about opening them .. well if its a matter of just bolts then i guess that will be easy.

take ur best shot & best of luck.

Old 05-22-2007, 05:10 AM
Super Moderator

In addition to camry 313's suggestion when you take it off to do the rubber washers you could drill a small hole in the bottom side of it in a place you can't see and use a can of spray in foam insallation. I weights nothing but, might work

Quick Reply: New Member.. trunk rattles