New Member Area New to Toyota Camry Forums? Stop in tell us about you.

New OldGuy

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2014, 07:30 AM
Default New OldGuy

From Lost Prairie in NW Montana and with the first new car since 1999.
The old girl passed 400,000 miles and the new girl is a 2013 LE with about 300 miles on it as of today. Yesterday she had a complete under-carriage seal process done and the exterior/interior sealing treatment as well. She's now ready to survive a Montana winter.

I've been in the firearms business for some 50 years and on those related forums for so long that it's truly a breath of fresh air to be on a forum with relatively sane people!

Old 01-16-2014, 01:28 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome! Nice to have a Camry veteran on board, with your advice I hope all our camrys will reach the 400k mark.
I'm also glad to hear that you are in the firearms business. I am looking to get into this on the side of what I already do. I would like to do Kitchen Table but I have the zoning issues to contend with (residential zoned). I appreciate any advice and I hope I (we) can help you with any help with your car.

Old 01-16-2014, 06:27 AM

Thank you, sir! I've always been rather dogged about maintaining the old Camry and intend to be the same with the new one.

Yesterday I found out something rather astounding from the Service Manager about Toyota Service under the extended warrantee agreement. Factual oil change doesn't happen until 10,000 mile the first time!!

I don't think so, folks. Every 5,000 isn't going to work for me no matter what the technological advances since 1999. I'll compromise with 3,000 between full service, but that's as far as it goes.

I've had three other Toyotas since around 1968, and every one of them ended with very high mileage, so "entrenched old dude" (as my son in law calls me over this) or not, for me it's all about logic and the physics of metal on metal wear.

Pat, not knowing your local laws would have me at a disadvantage, but I'll start a thread on firearms, ranges and rational thinking insofar as an entrenched old dude is able.

heh..........

Pierre

Old 01-17-2014, 10:42 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks, I look forward to it!