New Member Area New to Toyota Camry Forums? Stop in tell us about you.

problem with camry

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 11:17 AM
Default problem with camry

I have some peculiar problem with my 98 camry LE V6. The car is smooth to ride when there are two people in the car, but as soon as two more people are inside, I have to hit the gas too hard for the car to move, and also the drive is not too smooth as it was when only 2 people are there. Can anyone tell me what could be the problem here?

Old 07-06-2007, 06:07 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: problem with camry

if you can give a better description, maybe someof us could tell you what the problem could be.

Old 07-06-2007, 07:13 PM

Sorry I was not clear enough in my explanation. Yesterday was the first time I had 4 people sitting inside my car. The drive wasn't that smooth as it used to be while there were just 2 people in the car. For eg. I had to press the gas pedal very hard inorder for the car to move. When there were just 2 people I had to put much less pressure on gas pedal. The ride was also not smooth when the load was high on the car. Is this normal for any car or is there a problem with my car. The recent changes made were 3 tire changes. One tire is a bit old, but not too old.

Old 07-06-2007, 09:04 PM
Super Moderator

That is still kinda vague. If you're only complaining about having to gas it harder, just think about you trying to pull a wagon with 200 pounds vs 400 pounds. Are you gunna have to pull harder and maybe be a lot more sluggish?

If you're experiencing vibration or floatyness that has more to do with your tire pressure, tire type and suspension quality/condition.

Old 07-07-2007, 01:01 PM
Super Moderator

It's pretty obvious that you wil have to step on the gas more because there is just plainly more weight in your car. You must not be used to driving with a full load of people in your car.