New Member Area New to Toyota Camry Forums? Stop in tell us about you.

Replace 2009 Toyota Camry Headlight Assemblies

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2023, 05:32 AM
Default Replace 2009 Toyota Camry Headlight Assemblies

Hi, we need to replace our 2009 Toyota Camry headlight assemblies for both driver and passenger sides. 1. Is it ok to buy NEW ones myself and give them to an auto repair shop? If yes is it ok to buy them on Amazon, and if yes what brand should I buy? Or where is the best place to buy NEW ones?
2. What is the name of a reputable auto repair shop in Rochester NY that will replace them?
3. Is it better to go to a local Toyota Dealer Service Department (they are so expensive!).
Thank you

Last edited by pkatchmar; 10-05-2023 at 05:39 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 10-05-2023, 03:11 PM
Super Moderator

Check with the repair shop first as most do not allow customers to furnish their own parts.

For local repair shops try asking at Toyotanation.com which has much larger nationwide membership.

Toyota brand is first class but expensive. NFL may make lights for Toyota.

TYC is a good brand! DEPO is another but can be inferior to TYC.

If you have go low cost at least find a light that is CAPA certified. This is an industry wide certification of parts makers which shows their parts meet certain specs, one being they actually fit without rework.

Again check with the shop first. They might try to find the brand you want but they will get it for you.
And take note in ordering a light assy the light bulbs may or may not be included thus check.

Old 10-06-2023, 04:47 AM

Thank you so much for your time and help!! Your information is very helpful!! I called a local collision shop. They will let me buy and bring in the headlight assemblies and install for $150. I bought both TYC assemblies for $194!!! They are less expensive than DEPO. You are the best!!

Last edited by pkatchmar; 10-06-2023 at 08:19 AM.